Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
FGG

Default New to Woodworking Advice on First Tools

Recently moved to a new home and finally have the time and space to try
doing some woodworking projects. Someone I spoke to about tools (he
happens to do a lot of woodworking) suggested that with limited space,
if I had to limit myself to one tool, he would get a radial arm saw. He
said that you can most everything you need with that tool.

Any comments about that? I have some room in the garage but not
extensive and just starting out I don't want to sink a ton of money into
it. I am thinking - look for a used radial arm saw, and then getting a
router.

I would appreciate any discussion, counter arguments/suggestions and any
advice on getting started (ie good books, magazines...)

Thanks,

Fred