Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Rikom band saw

Does anybody have a Rikon band saw?

Having some problems the band saw guides.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/1/2021 5:32 PM, swalker wrote:
Does anybody have a Rikon band saw?

Having some problems the band saw guides.

Right after Rikion came out with the 18" BS, I bought one. That was in
2005. I had it less than 10 days, returned it and ordered a Laguna LT 16HD.

The number one reason to return the BS was the guides. I have never
liked roller bearing guides and those were no exception. They tended to
pound wet wood cuttings on to the blade. This made the saw vibrate like
crazy and it was very noisy.

I would suggest you switch guides to a ceramic style guide. Laguna may
have a retrofit.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 2 Apr 2021 09:30:10 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

On 4/1/2021 5:32 PM, swalker wrote:
Does anybody have a Rikon band saw?

Having some problems the band saw guides.

Right after Rikion came out with the 18" BS, I bought one. That was in
2005. I had it less than 10 days, returned it and ordered a Laguna LT 16HD.

The number one reason to return the BS was the guides. I have never
liked roller bearing guides and those were no exception. They tended to
pound wet wood cuttings on to the blade. This made the saw vibrate like
crazy and it was very noisy.

I would suggest you switch guides to a ceramic style guide. Laguna may
have a retrofit.

After I sent the post I took a long hard look at the guides and am of
the opinion that they are poorly designed and made. The bearings cost
less than $4 to replce but will require a machine shop to remove and
probably to replace as they are a press fit.

I am looking to just replace both of them with something.

Thanks for mentioning Laguna. If they can't help I will try Carter.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/2/2021 1:25 PM, swalker wrote:
[...]

You might look here, they have them for many brands including Rikon.

https://www.spaceageceramics.com/pro...kon-10-346-18/

https://www.spaceageceramics.com/shop/page/6/

Posted to rec.woodworking

valuable information

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...w-3108888-.htm

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 3 Apr 2021 17:01:01 +0000, Daniel per
wrote:

valuable information

No, it's not. It's clickbait from another sockpuppet.