Tom Watson

Default Can someone identify this shop clamp and how to use it please ? - Clamping Tool.jpg (0/1)

On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 17:26:14 -0400, harry wrote:

I got a bunch of them from a defunct wood shop.

Thank you.

It's meant to be attached to another clamp, so as to provide clamping
pressure at a right angle to the bar of the clamp. They are
particularly useful for applying pressure in the center of a wide glue
up but can also be used for edge banding.

I have a number of them that were made fairly recently by Bessey which
have the model number of 5-1 on them.

Regards,
Tom.

Thomas J.Watson - Cabinetmaker (ret.)
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1
TeamCasa

Its an Edge Clamp. It is designed to attach to a bar clamp. Typically used
for clamping face trim or laminate work. Its nice to have a dozen or so.

Dave

"harry" wrote in message
I got a bunch of them from a defunct wood shop.

Thank you.

Wood Butcher

Here's a picture for you.

http://www.coastaltool.com/cgi-bin/S...1.htm?E+coaste
st

Art

"harry" wrote in message
I got a bunch of them from a defunct wood shop.

Thank you.

Dave Balderstone

In article , harry
wrote:

I got a bunch of them from a defunct wood shop.

Many news servers (mine included) strip attachements from non-binary
groups (which rec.woodworking is).

Could you repost your pic to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking? More
people will be able to see it.

djb
Dave Balderstone

In article , harry
wrote:

I got a bunch of them from a defunct wood shop.

Oops... I didn't check first, and see you already did.

"Never mind"

;-)

It's an edge clamp, and if you don't want 'em I'll take 'em!

Picture and description he

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...y=1,43838,4385
7&ccurrency=1&SID=

Where they're listed as "discontinued"...

djb