Tom Watson

Default Can someone identify this shop clamp and how to use it please ? - Clamping Tool.jpg (0/1)

On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 17:26:14 -0400, harry wrote:

I got a bunch of them from a defunct wood shop.

Thank you.

It's meant to be attached to another clamp, so as to provide clamping
pressure at a right angle to the bar of the clamp. They are
particularly useful for applying pressure in the center of a wide glue
up but can also be used for edge banding.

I have a number of them that were made fairly recently by Bessey which
have the model number of 5-1 on them.

Regards,
Tom.

Thomas J.Watson - Cabinetmaker (ret.)