Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Whiteside Router Bits No Longer Made In The USA...Sort Of

I don't recall when I last saw Made in the USA on the Whiteside
website, but it's not there anymore.

I needed a forstner bit so I called a specialty lumber yard that I frequent
and spoke to the owner. She said that she only carried Amana. She said
she used to carry other brands but they were getting more and more
expensive so she decided to stick with Amana for the time being. She
added "It's too bad that Whiteside doesn't make forstner bits. I carry their
router bits and I could probably get a good deal on forstner bits if they
made them."

So off to the her store I go and we continued the conversation about
Whiteside. She says "Do you know that they can't say "Made in in the
USA" anymore? Apparently they source their bearings from overseas
so the FTC won't let them use the Made in the USA statement anymore.

I did a little Googling and found an article related to a letter that the FTC
sent to Whiteside's attorneys.

https://www.lexology.com/library/det...a-5eff3317fef1

I bought an Amana forstner bit and a Whiteside 1/4" round over bit. :-)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/15/2021 10:44 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

[...]

Some things are worth saying twice, I guess. ;~)