Creamy Goodness

Default Maybe a little OT - gluing plexiglass together

So here's the project - I'm taking 2 - 1/8" pieces of plexi, sandwiching a
picture in-between them, gluing the picture from both sides to the plexi,
and gluing the whole thing together basically making a plexi - picture -
plexi sandwich. Question is, what type of glue should I use to do this? I
need something that dries clear and does not change the color of the
picture. I'll be printing the picture on a color laser, so there's no worry
about the ink bleeding as there is none.

The end result will be cut on a Laser Camm into a jigsaw for a rather unique
Christmas present.

Thanks in advance.

Mike Rinken

Gene T

Mike,
Im my experience in working with acrylic I have found it is almost
impossible to glue a butt joint without getting any bubbles in it. Glueing
face to face will be a miracle. And the solvent used to join acrylic will
most certainly dissolve the laser toner. If it has to be clear it might be
better to embed the pic in casting resin-and that has some challenges as
well.
Good luck,
Gene
"Creamy Goodness" creamy at agbgaming dot com wrote in message
news:1502$4137a99d$41a9ca42$27737@allthenewsgroups .com...
So here's the project - I'm taking 2 - 1/8" pieces of plexi, sandwiching a
picture in-between them, gluing the picture from both sides to the plexi,
and gluing the whole thing together basically making a plexi - picture -
plexi sandwich. Question is, what type of glue should I use to do this?

need something that dries clear and does not change the color of the
picture. I'll be printing the picture on a color laser, so there's no

worry
about the ink bleeding as there is none.

The end result will be cut on a Laser Camm into a jigsaw for a rather

unique
Christmas present.

Thanks in advance.

Mike Rinken

Rick Samuel

I've used super glue, if making a butt joint, make
sure the edges are smooth & straight. The glue
will wick between the pieces., so no gel types.