Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Need manual for buffalo 14 inch band saw

Have Buffalo 14 inch band saw. Need manual with parts so I can see whats
missing

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...aw-823876-.htm

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 12 Apr 2020 21:14:02 +0000, Eric52
m wrote:

Have Buffalo 14 inch band saw. Need manual with parts so I can see whats
missing

Try here

http://vintagemachinery.org/

I did not search for the manual, have fun explore.
Posted to rec.woodworking

m wrote:

Have Buffalo 14 inch band saw. Need manual with parts so I can see whats
missing

Try here

http://vintagemachinery.org/

I did not search for the manual, have fun explore.

Not likely -- virtually any less than 100 year old bandsaw and certainly
a 14" Rockwell/Delta knockoff is a Taiwanese import of poor quality.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/12/2020 4:14 PM, Eric52 wrote:
Have Buffalo 14 inch band saw. Need manual with parts so I can see whats
missing

Don't bother...they're poor quality Taiwanese imports and parts aren't
available for them. Some will interchange/can be modified from Delta
but it's throwing good money after bad for anything of any magnitude.

Posted to rec.woodworking

m wrote:

Have Buffalo 14 inch band saw. Need manual with parts so I can see whats
missing

Try here

http://vintagemachinery.org/

I did not search for the manual, have fun explore.

Not likely -- virtually any less than 100 year old bandsaw and certainly
a 14" Rockwell/Delta knockoff is a Taiwanese import of poor quality.

So you're saying that during WWII any bandsaw that one found in the US
was a Taiwanese knockoff? 100 years ago puts you into 1920. Taiwanese
knockoffs of power tools didn't really become a thing until some time
in the 80s or 90s.

Posted to rec.woodworking

m wrote:

Have Buffalo 14 inch band saw. Need manual with parts so I can see whats
missing

Try here

http://vintagemachinery.org/

I did not search for the manual, have fun explore.

Not likely -- virtually any less than 100 year old bandsaw and certainly
a 14" Rockwell/Delta knockoff is a Taiwanese import of poor quality.

So you're saying that during WWII any bandsaw that one found in the US
was a Taiwanese knockoff? 100 years ago puts you into 1920. Taiwanese
knockoffs of power tools didn't really become a thing until some time
in the 80s or 90s.

No. You Misread context. Anything claiming to be a _Buffalo_
bandsaw...the real Buffalo Foundry quit making bandsaws not long after
1900...