Posted to rec.woodworking

Default question about 3m respirator

On Wednesday, August 13, 2003 at 9:02:52 AM UTC-4, Chris Gibson wrote:
h'lo...

my neighbor gave me a 3m 6800 full face respirator the other day, belonged
to her hubby before he died. I don't know much about these things... I'm
wondering if somebody can suggest the proper combination of
cartridges/filters for this thing.

in order of usage

Soldering (stained glass/leaded glass) - mild chemicals, lead
dust/particulate
woodworking - sawdust
wood finishing - varnishes etc

the borg have smaller more specific purpose respirators, for about $50 CDN,
but I'd need 2 different ones to cover all bases.

any thoughts?

Consider 3M's P100 filters that fit this assembly. The P100 filters are petroleum resistant and filter 100% of particles over 0.3 microns. As others have said, I think it's overkill for general woodworking but a good idea for soldering, welding, finishing, etc.

Mini Gloat respirator question Hansen Woodworking 0 January 27th 05 03:59 PM
respirator question Hansen Woodworking 30 January 24th 05 09:38 AM
Triton Respirator irwin Woodturning 0 November 16th 04 01:50 PM
Respirator? DrewMor Woodturning 0 October 18th 03 11:57 PM