Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Rapier hand plane

On Friday, March 2, 2001 at 12:16:44 AM UTC-8, Tom Brown wrote:
I have just acquired (free) a Rapier hand plane. So far, I haven't
spent much time with it because I assume that it's junk. There doesn't
seem to be anything on the web. I did find some questions in this group
from a man named Riemer Faber about a Rapier plane, but there were no
answers to his questions. Riemer, did you find anything? I understand
that this company is based in Quebec Canada. Does anyone have any
knowledge of them?

Thanks,

Tom Brown

Hi Tom
rapier is an English made plane the 700 model was made from 1950 to 1965. anyone having pix I would greatly appreciate some
Thanks
James
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 10 Dec 2019 22:05:41 +0000, Spalted Walt

Hi Tom
rapier is an English made plane the 700 model was made from 1950 to 1965. anyone having pix I would greatly appreciate some
Thanks
James

https://tinyurl.com/r2ep288

HTH

Basically a Stanley #7 or a Record #7 in both form and function.
Hundreds of Pics on internet.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tuesday, December 10, 2019 at 2:05:44 PM UTC-8, Spalted Walt wrote:
wrote:

Hi Tom
rapier is an English made plane the 700 model was made from 1950 to 1965. anyone having pix I would greatly appreciate some
Thanks
James

https://tinyurl.com/r2ep288

HTH

http://www.rapierplanes.com/

Angle of Sharpening Plane on hand plane jloomis[_2_] Woodworking Plans and Photos 6 February 26th 12 08:55 PM
Rabbet Block Plane v. Rabbet Plane for just rabbets Jay Pique Woodworking 2 December 24th 06 01:52 AM
De plane! De plane! David Woodworking 3 November 9th 05 05:30 AM
Plane ignorant person needs some plane advice. Modat22 Woodworking 20 June 2nd 05 11:55 PM
Next plane purchase--next 2 plane purchases? Eric Anderson Woodworking 23 January 18th 04 07:18 AM