Posted to rec.woodworking

Default I don't get it, why is metric better?

On Monday, July 29, 2019 at 11:10:58 PM UTC-4, DJ Delorie wrote:
J. Clarke writes:
Well that's nice, but how does it apply to gasoline, mercury, or
liquid hydrogen?

Or humans. Fahrenheit is convenient because normal outside temperatures
range from 0 to 100 (ish). I don't care how comfortable the water is.
But now I have to remember that -17 is cold and 38 is hot.

How hard is it to remember that -17 is cold? -17 is cold in both F & C.

The difference is that in F it's F-ing cold, while in C it's just C-C-C-Cold.
Posted to rec.woodworking

J. Clarke writes:
Well that's nice, but how does it apply to gasoline, mercury, or
liquid hydrogen?

Or humans. Fahrenheit is convenient because normal outside temperatures
range from 0 to 100 (ish). I don't care how comfortable the water is.
But now I have to remember that -17 is cold and 38 is hot.

How hard is it to remember that -17 is cold? -17 is cold in both F & C.

The difference is that in F it's F-ing cold, while in C it's just C-C-C-Cold.

And -40 is as dangerous for male brass monkeys on either scale