TheKGBSr

Default plywood storage

Anyone know where to get plans for a roll around storage for sheets of
plywood?
Or have any sugestions

Mortimer Schnerd, RN

TheKGBSr wrote:
Anyone know where to get plans for a roll around storage for sheets of
plywood?
Or have any sugestions

Couldn't you just take a 2X8 for a base, add castors to it, then construct some
sort of light frame with 2X4s to hold the plywood upright?

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

http://www.mortimerschnerd.com

George

Steal one from the BORG - plan, I mean. Enlarge to have 6 foot supported.
Casters smaller if you've got smooth substrate.

"TheKGBSr" wrote in message
Anyone know where to get plans for a roll around storage for sheets of
plywood?
Or have any sugestions

Elwood Dowd

When I was a sheet metal worker we used a similar item, although it was
constructed of steel and built with a wide base to center the weight.
Sort of a rolling A frame. I never trusted the damn thing, the casters
were small and caught in every expansion joint on the floor and it
always felt top-heavy.

Couldn't you just take a 2X8 for a base, add castors to it, then construct some
sort of light frame with 2X4s to hold the plywood upright?

Richard

"TheKGBSr" wrote in message ...
Anyone know where to get plans for a roll around storage for sheets of
plywood?
Or have any sugestions

I made one based on a photo I can not find now. It's basic but
functional: a base about 3'x 8' with a 2x frame; a 3" lip along one
long side; 4 trapezodial supports ( about 36"h, 20" base and 12" top
), and some side pieces. By putting the 2 interior supports at 12"
and 42" from one end, I made 3 compartments for cutoffs. Be sure to
use big castors -- mine are 3", and not big enough. I can send you a
rough sketch if you're interested.

Cheers,

Richard

Daniel

Maybe you're looking for something like these?
http://www.backissuestore.com/backis...ore/sn055.html ("Build a
Roll-Around Store-All")
http://www.woodshopdemos.com/jrl-38.htm

TheKGBSr wrote:
Anyone know where to get plans for a roll around storage for sheets of
plywood?
Or have any sugestions

G.E.R.R.Y.

In article om,
Daniel wrote:

Maybe you're looking for something like these?
http://www.backissuestore.com/backis...ore/sn055.html ("Build a
Roll-Around Store-All")

I went to the web site and this issue is no longer available. Does
anyone have a copy that they could photocopy and e-mail or snail mail
to me? I would of course pay for the snail mail.

Gerry
Bobby Bewl

"Daniel" wrote in message
news
Maybe you're looking for something like these?
http://www.backissuestore.com/backis...ore/sn055.html ("Build a
Roll-Around Store-All")
http://www.woodshopdemos.com/jrl-38.htm

Hey Daniel

Thanks for the last link - an interesting web site - much appreciated.

Bobby