Posted to rec.woodworking

Default 1st craft show -- pointers/tips??

I'm dipping my toe in the craft fair. There's a small / new one at our
churh in April. I'm going to sell bread/cutting boards, pizza peels,
trivets, & coasters ... Some may be over priced for this venue but I tougth
I'd try it. If things don't sell I'd get rid of them on etsy & craigslist.
Anyone have ideas / pointers / tips. Most stuff on the web is geared for
clothing/jewerly ... So I thought I'd ask this group.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/4/19 9:18 AM, sawdustmaker wrote:
I'm dipping my toe in the craft fair. There's a small / new one at our
churh in April. I'm going to sell bread/cutting boards, pizza peels,
trivets, & coasters ... Some may be over priced for this venue but I tougth
I'd try it. If things don't sell I'd get rid of them on etsy & craigslist.
Anyone have ideas / pointers / tips. Most stuff on the web is geared for
clothing/jewerly ... So I thought I'd ask this group.

Don't worry about being "over priced."
You might be surprised at what people will pay.
You can have 2 similar items in 2 different booths at shows like that
and people will buy the higher priced one because they just assume it
must be better because it's priced higher.

You can always lower your price if you're not selling well.
But you can't go back and raise your prices if you sold out of
everything on the first day. :-)

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
www.mikedrums.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 04 Feb 2019 15:18:58 GMT, sawdustmaker
wrote:

I'm dipping my toe in the craft fair. There's a small / new one at our
churh in April. I'm going to sell bread/cutting boards, pizza peels,
trivets, & coasters ... Some may be over priced for this venue but I tougth
I'd try it. If things don't sell I'd get rid of them on etsy & craigslist.
Anyone have ideas / pointers / tips. Most stuff on the web is geared for
clothing/jewerly ... So I thought I'd ask this group.

Have a business card to hand out - some shoppers might want to look
you up for at Christmas for gifts ; or for a small custom job.

http://www.leevalley.com/us/gifts/Pa...at=4,104,53208

Good luck. It's something that I once considered - but laziness
took over.
John T.