Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Teaching Moment

Changing out a wall switch, I have my sister helping me. She tells me when
I found the right breaker and I go up to change the switch. I tell her
"just because you've turned off power doesn't mean the box is dead." I
check the second switch with a non-contact voltage detector (aka Death
Stick) and see no light. But I turn on the second switch anyway and the
ceiling fan turns on!

Good teaching moments sometimes just show up.

Puckdropper