Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Batteries

While looking for a replacement battery for some older cordless I
stumbled across a person who makes physical adaptors to use the newer
20 volts Li batteries in the older 18volt tools. They are well designed
and very well executed. The plastic is interestingly done by 3D
printing. The kit consists of the plastic and two brass tabs along with
a user supplied old 18 volt. The instructions for your own assembly are
a bit vague and does require some wire and the ability to solder. If
interested go to Craig's list Oshkosh
WI and search for battery adaptor. A bit pricey, but very well satisfied.
Disclaimer: No connection the him other than a satisfied user.
CP

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 22 Feb 2018 12:12:40 -0800
MOP CAP wrote:

20 volts Li batteries in the older 18volt tools. They are well
designed and very well executed. The plastic is interestingly done by
3D printing. The kit consists of the plastic and two brass tabs along

interesting idea

what kind of plastic

Posted to rec.woodworking

Have no idea. Do the search and ask.
CP

Posted to rec.woodworking

MOP CAP wrote:

20 volts Li batteries in the older 18volt tools. They are well
designed and very well executed. The plastic is interestingly done by
3D printing. The kit consists of the plastic and two brass tabs along

interesting idea

what kind of plastic

Most common plastics used in 3D printing is PLA and ABS. I'd guess
PLA. On 3D printing, temperature for printing (melting) PLA is
200-215 celsius, ABS is around 230-245 celsius.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 22 Feb 2018 12:12:40 -0800, MOP CAP wrote:

While looking for a replacement battery for some older cordless I
stumbled across a person who makes physical adaptors to use the newer
20 volts Li batteries in the older 18volt tools. They are well designed
and very well executed. The plastic is interestingly done by 3D
printing. The kit consists of the plastic and two brass tabs along with
a user supplied old 18 volt. The instructions for your own assembly are
a bit vague and does require some wire and the ability to solder. If
interested go to Craig's list Oshkosh
WI and search for battery adaptor. A bit pricey, but very well satisfied.
Disclaimer: No connection the him other than a satisfied user.

If you have dewalt tools you can just buy the dewalt adapter.
CP

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 24 Feb 2018 01:27:00 -0500, J. Clarke
wrote:

On Thu, 22 Feb 2018 12:12:40 -0800, MOP CAP wrote:

While looking for a replacement battery for some older cordless I
stumbled across a person who makes physical adaptors to use the newer
20 volts Li batteries in the older 18volt tools. They are well designed
and very well executed. The plastic is interestingly done by 3D
printing. The kit consists of the plastic and two brass tabs along with
a user supplied old 18 volt. The instructions for your own assembly are
a bit vague and does require some wire and the ability to solder. If
interested go to Craig's list Oshkosh
WI and search for battery adaptor. A bit pricey, but very well satisfied.
Disclaimer: No connection the him other than a satisfied user.

If you have dewalt tools you can just buy the dewalt adapter.

Yes, I was pleasantly surprised to find these last Christmas. I've
replaced most of my Dewalt tools and the few I have aren't used much.
All of my Dewalt NiCd batteries have died, except one (and I'm sure it
won't be long for it), so it's nice to be able to extend the few tools
I have somewhat longer.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

I have not bought into battery powered anything except drills, so far.
My biggest concern is that I have never worn out a drill but the
batteries became obsolete. I would fear that with the bit battery tool
kits that an obsolete battery would soon make all the tools obsolete
along with them.

A battery adapter to power the tools with a 120 volt receptacle would be
a great remedy. Assuming the adapter had the power out put to meet the
demand.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

That's certainly happened to me but I think the advantages outweigh
replacement. Now with Li batteries, that problem becomes less
important and frequent.

A battery adapter to power the tools with a 120 volt receptacle would be
a great remedy. Assuming the adapter had the power out put to meet the
demand.

More green propaganda, huh, Leon? ;-)

Actually, that doesn't interest me much. I assume I'm giving up
something for cordless operation. I wouldn't want to tote a tail
around and still give up performance.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/24/2018 11:24 AM, wrote:
On Sat, 24 Feb 2018 11:16:54 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

In my situation, none of those other tools get used far from a power
source. Today's cordless technology certainly would have come in handy
for some of the fence jobs I have had in the past.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

A number of years ago, Dewalt had a 120V adapter, same format as the
battery pack.

Future "batteries" should include a fuel cell, just add hydrogen and
that metal disc grinder will be good to go! 8^)

-BR

Video showing heavy flour in AA batteries: any way for layman to testNiMH batteries? Amanda Riphnykhazova Electronics Repair 24 October 27th 13 07:33 PM
Source of batteries for emergency lights Alex H UK diy 5 November 27th 03 09:12 PM
AAA Ni-Cad Batteries PaulS UK diy 3 October 28th 03 09:02 AM
WTD: Source of cheap NiMH batteries Jason Arthurs UK diy 6 September 1st 03 03:50 PM
AA Lithium batteries UK diy 10 August 27th 03 11:51 AM