Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Plane shavings

I can get curls, but not quite this thin.

https://imgur.com/gallery/QS6kS
Kanna plane competition
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message ...

I can get curls, but not quite this thin.

https://imgur.com/gallery/QS6kS
Kanna plane competition

You must be using the wrong wood... and you cannot use a chip breaker! :~)

Posted to rec.woodworking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
I can get curls, but not quite this thin.

https://imgur.com/gallery/QS6kS
Kanna plane competition

Some people will do anything to keep from finish sanding.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/4/2018 11:45 PM, Leon wrote:
Ed Pawlowski wrote:
I can get curls, but not quite this thin.

https://imgur.com/gallery/QS6kS
Kanna plane competition

Some people will do anything to keep from finish sanding.

Nah, just some cheap ******* who won't spend money on tissue paper
during the flu season!

---

Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon on Sun, 4 Feb 2018 23:45:09 -0600 typed in
rec.woodworking the following:
Ed Pawlowski wrote:
I can get curls, but not quite this thin.

https://imgur.com/gallery/QS6kS
Kanna plane competition

Some people will do anything to keep from finish sanding.

Hey - sandpaper is expensive!
--
pyotr filipivich
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 4 Feb 2018 16:33:16 -0500
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I can get curls, but not quite this thin.

curls make good bookmarkers

could go all out and flatten and soak in some resin

Posted to rec.woodworking

Electric Comet writes:
On Sun, 4 Feb 2018 16:33:16 -0500
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I can get curls, but not quite this thin.

curls make good bookmarkers

especially the oak ones, they leave nice marks on both pages.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Puckdropper writes:
(Scott Lurndal) wrote in news:7v1eC.1461$nY2.1224
:

Electric Comet writes:
On Sun, 4 Feb 2018 16:33:16 -0500
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I can get curls, but not quite this thin.

curls make good bookmarkers

especially the oak ones, they leave nice marks on both pages.

I hope your book doesn't have iron-based ink. The oak curls will rust the
ink right out of the book!

My sarcasm wasn't, perhaps, strong enough. "leave nice marks on both pages"
refers to the unthinking nature of EC's response.

Curls make horrible bookmarks.

Plane shavings John Grossbohlin[_2_] Woodworking 14 November 15th 09 02:28 AM
Plane shavings Steve Turner Woodworking 6 November 9th 09 08:58 PM
shavings jamesleroy Woodturning 11 January 4th 05 08:39 PM
Drill press; how to collect steel shavings Tom Gardner Metalworking 9 December 9th 04 01:59 AM
my first shavings... Silvan Woodworking 7 September 24th 03 12:54 PM