Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
My Old Tools

Default cordless drills - Panasonic or Makita NIMH

Time to retire the Dewalt 12V. I had the battery packs rebuilt by
Primecell. They hold a charge now, but have come apart in use more times
than I can count. They are both laying on the counter right now with the
cases separated. The drill still works, but I never liked it that much
anyway. After reading a number of reviews, the Panasonic 15.6 V has great
reviews in general, but several reported that the motor smoked and died.
With a year waranty, this doesn't seem to be too much risk, but I'd like to
hear from others. The Makita 14.4 V NIMH MForce looks good and Makita has a
good rep for most things. It doesn't have alot of track record yet that I
can find. Any comments? I don't want or need an 18V drill. And yes, I
have a corded drill.

--
Ross
www.myoldtools.com