Rich

Default cordless drills - Panasonic or Makita NIMH

I have the panasonic, I love it but have not had it that long or used it
that much. Never seen the makita.

For work I use a Rigid because its cheaper so if it gets trashed or
lost/stolen on a job I could live with it.

Now I would like to get one of those new high torque impact drivers, I've
used them and seem to work very well.

Rich

"My Old Tools" wrote in message
Time to retire the Dewalt 12V. I had the battery packs rebuilt by
Primecell. They hold a charge now, but have come apart in use more times
than I can count. They are both laying on the counter right now with the
cases separated. The drill still works, but I never liked it that much
anyway. After reading a number of reviews, the Panasonic 15.6 V has great
reviews in general, but several reported that the motor smoked and died.
With a year waranty, this doesn't seem to be too much risk, but I'd like

hear from others. The Makita 14.4 V NIMH MForce looks good and Makita has

good rep for most things. It doesn't have alot of track record yet that I
can find. Any comments? I don't want or need an 18V drill. And yes, I
have a corded drill.

--
Ross
www.myoldtools.com