Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Anyone recognize this latch?

Lav door latch (see link below) for our motorhome fails to catch the strike plate. Tried to disassemble only to discover that a previous owner used some kind of permanent adhesive to secure the handles. Handles must come off before mechanism can be inspected. Angle grinder will take care of that, but I want a replacement in hand. Latch measures approx 2 1/4 wide and 3 5/8 tall including the flanges.

Also ... who would you seek out to identify mfr or find a suitable replacement.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/136182989@N04/?

Thanks,

Larry
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 7 Aug 2017 12:32:56 -0700 (PDT), "Gramps' shop"
wrote:

Lav door latch (see link below) for our motorhome fails to catch the strike plate. Tried to disassemble only to discover that a previous owner used some kind of permanent adhesive to secure the handles. Handles must come off before mechanism can be inspected. Angle grinder will take care of that, but I want a replacement in hand. Latch measures approx 2 1/4 wide and 3 5/8 tall including the flanges.

Also ... who would you seek out to identify mfr or find a suitable replacement.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/136182989@N04/?

Thanks,

Larry

Did you check for a small snap ring - holding one handle on ?
Just a thought - I have no experience with this hardware.
Is the motorhome manufacturer still around ? or a good dealer ..
John T.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Monday, August 7, 2017 at 2:33:01 PM UTC-5, Gramps' shop wrote:

Also ... who would you seek out to identify mfr or find a suitable replacement.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/136182989@N04/?

Looks somewhat similar to this BlueBird rear door latch assembly.
http://alliancebusparts.com/i-231544...rear-door.html

Send them the pic and ask, though they may only sell parts.
http://alliancebusparts.com/c-108256...s-latches.html

Or ask BlueBird: https://www.blue-bird.com/blue-bird/Home.aspx

Sonny
Posted to rec.woodworking

Sonny wrote:
On Monday, August 7, 2017 at 2:33:01 PM UTC-5, Gramps' shop wrote:

Also ... who would you seek out to identify mfr or find a suitable replacement.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/136182989@N04/?

Looks somewhat similar to this BlueBird rear door latch assembly.
http://alliancebusparts.com/i-231544...rear-door.html

Send them the pic and ask, though they may only sell parts.
http://alliancebusparts.com/c-108256...s-latches.html

Or ask BlueBird: https://www.blue-bird.com/blue-bird/Home.aspx

Sonny

Inexpensive, too.

--
GW Ross

Posted to rec.woodworking

Thanks. Found one. Not cheap -- 113 with shipping