Posted to rec.woodworking

Default HandWorks 2017

Any of you going this Friday and Saturday (19/20May) ?

Posted to rec.woodworking

That's not a bad drive for me, but can't do it this year. My handtool skills are far below where I would like them to be. Maybe next year.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Saturday, May 13, 2017 at 2:00:43 PM UTC-4, Dr. Deb wrote:
Any of you going this Friday and Saturday (19/20May) ?

Tough decision...

Option 1:
Drive about 900 miles to Iowa and "unplug from the world of machines,
dust and noise while listening to the crisp sounds of the hand plane,
chisel and saw in a restored timber-frame dairy barn in the traditional,
historic German village of Amana."

Option 2:
Watch my daughter walk across the stage to receive her Masters Degree
and then move her from Albany NY to Rutland VT so she can start her new
job on Monday.

Hmmm...Let me check with SWMBO and see what she wants me to do. I'll
get back to you. ;-)

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Saturday, May 13, 2017 at 5:24:56 PM UTC-5, Gramps' shop wrote:
That's not a bad drive for me, but can't do it this year. My handtool skills are far below where I would like them to be. Maybe next year.

It runs on the "odd" years, so you have two years to hone those skills.

But it is a very good place to get stuff to practice with. Lots of used tools.

BTW, Derby:
No need to even ask SWMBO, your daughter getting her Master's is a big deal. Congrats to her, you and SWMBO

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Dr. Deb" writes:
Any of you going this Friday and Saturday (19/20May) ?

There are a couple of very nice golf courses in the
Amana colonies. They do some excellent woodworking
as well.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Monday, May 15, 2017 at 8:59:31 AM UTC-4, Dr. Deb wrote:
On Saturday, May 13, 2017 at 5:24:56 PM UTC-5, Gramps' shop wrote:
That's not a bad drive for me, but can't do it this year. My handtool skills are far below where I would like them to be. Maybe next year.

It runs on the "odd" years, so you have two years to hone those skills.

But it is a very good place to get stuff to practice with. Lots of used tools.

BTW, Derby:
No need to even ask SWMBO, your daughter getting her Master's is a big deal. Congrats to her, you and SWMBO

Oh, I wouldn't even dare ask. ;-)

4 down, 0 to go.

The End of Physical Currency Coming in 2017? burfordTjustice Home Repair 2 May 13th 17 01:29 AM
Welcome 2017 Casper Woodworking 1 January 3rd 17 04:37 PM
Welcome to 2017 [email protected] Home Repair 1 December 31st 16 01:40 PM
Changes coming for Pennsylvania motorists in 2017 burfordTjustice Home Repair 4 December 30th 16 02:36 PM
2017 Ford GT Detailed Look and Discussion! jon_banquer[_2_] Metalworking 0 January 16th 15 01:00 AM