Posted to rec.woodworking

Default A Sawmill Story

https://www.youtube.com/embed/QnTr9EJdpQ4

"This video is one part instruction, one part entertainment
and two parts family history! For me it ignites bittersweet
memories of youthful confidence and vigor, great adventure,
loved family members long departed, broken dreams and
gratitude for the blessings of my life."

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/4/2017 11:12 AM, Spalted Walt wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/embed/QnTr9EJdpQ4

"This video is one part instruction, one part entertainment
and two parts family history! For me it ignites bittersweet
memories of youthful confidence and vigor, great adventure,
loved family members long departed, broken dreams and
gratitude for the blessings of my life."

Love the Essential Craftsman video's on YouTube. He shows all sorts of
great tips and tricks in carpentry.

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 04 Mar 2017 16:12:08 +0000, Spalted Walt
wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/QnTr9EJdpQ4

"This video is one part instruction, one part entertainment
and two parts family history! For me it ignites bittersweet
memories of youthful confidence and vigor, great adventure,
loved family members long departed, broken dreams and
gratitude for the blessings of my life."

Thanks for posting.
As a kid, our neighbour had an ancient '28 Durant that powered
a buzz saw - I think it was mainly for firewood.
The skeleton of the car still rests in our fenceline.
John T.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/4/2017 11:40 AM, Jack wrote:
On 3/4/2017 11:12 AM, Spalted Walt wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/embed/QnTr9EJdpQ4

"This video is one part instruction, one part entertainment
and two parts family history! For me it ignites bittersweet
memories of youthful confidence and vigor, great adventure,
loved family members long departed, broken dreams and
gratitude for the blessings of my life."

Love the Essential Craftsman video's on YouTube. He shows all sorts of
great tips and tricks in carpentry.

I would like to point out that he makes a comment on the cutter tip
speed of the blades, around 10,000 Feet per minute. This speed is true
for most any thing cutting wood, including router bit blade tips. If
you are listening EC. A typical 10 TS circular saw blade spins at about
3,500 RPM, that times the diameter, 31.4" comes to 10,990 feet per
minute, around 120 mph. And the small diameter of many router bits have
to spin very fast 25,000 plus RPM for the optimum cuts. A 1.25"
diameter router bit spinning at 25,000 RPM is about 8,200 feet per minute.

Great video!
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/4/2017 3:16 PM, Leon wrote:
On 3/4/2017 11:40 AM, Jack wrote:
[...]

And probably a trick with a SkilSaw you don't know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDfpl1_I904

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article _PednYdszowYpSbFnZ2dnUU7-
, lcb11211@swbelldotnet
says...

On 3/4/2017 3:16 PM, Leon wrote:
On 3/4/2017 11:40 AM, Jack wrote:
[...]

I've done the Polish Plane a few times with the
Radial Arm, never had the balls to do it
handheld.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/4/2017 3:16 PM, Leon wrote:
On 3/4/2017 11:40 AM, Jack wrote:
[...]

I do it all the time on the TS, usually when cutting a tennon on the
end of a board and I use the fence as a positive stop. BUT if doing
several I use the dado set.