Posted to rec.woodworking

Default techshop.ws

techshop.ws

each one is equipped differently

look at the reservation calendar to see what each local offers

but here is an example equipment list

Epilog Helix 60-Watt Laser Cutters
Tormach CNC Milling Machines
3D Printer
NextEngine 3D Scanner
Formech 600 24" x 24" Vacuum Forming System
Formech Heat Strip Bending System
Morgan Industries Injection Molding System
Sewing Machines
Overlock Sewing Machine
Tin Lizzie Quilting Machine
Computer-Controlled Vinyl Cutter
Powder Coating System
Lincoln MIG Welders (Steel)
Lincoln TIG Welders (Steel and Aluminum)
Hand-Held Plasma Cutter
Sheet Metal Spot Welder
Sheet Metal Brake, 16 ga x 50"
Rotary Sheet Metal Punch
Sheet Metal Corner Notcher
English Wheel and Planishing Hammer
Sheet Metal Shear, 16 ga x 50"
Sheet Metal Roller, 16 ga x 50"
Sandblast Cabinet
Metal Grinders and Sanders
Metal Chop Saw
Metal Horizontal Band Saw
Metal Vertical Band Saw
Computer Controlled Embroidery Sewing Machine
Electronics Testing and Soldering Equipment
Epson R1900 13" x 19" Achival Printer with Continuous Inking System
ShopBot 4' x 8' CNC Wood Router System
SawStop Professional Cabinet Table Saw
Panel Saw
Wood Planer
Wood Jointer
Wood Band Saw
Wood Sanders
Wood Scroll Saws
Wood Lathe
Drill Presses
Metal Lathes, 14" x 40"
Vertical Milling Machines with DRO and Power Feed
Granite Surface Plate with Digital Height Gauges
Lots of Machine Shop Accessories and Tooling
Lots of Fast Computer Workstations with 2D and 3D Design Software
Complete Stocked Tool Room
Member Storage Rental
Private Studio / Office Rental
Meeting Rooms
Comfortable HackerSpace Areas with Power and WiFi
Retail Store with Supplies and Materials
Free Coffee and Popcorn
...And LOTS More!

Posted to rec.woodworking

I'm not sure that, since Maggie Thatcher's depredations, there are that many tools and machines left in the UK! (We're now a SERVICE economy; I sell him insurance, he sells me insurance. F^cking great.)
Posted to rec.woodworking

This is the one I joined last year for two months. You MUST take a safety course in EACH machine group (wood, metal, etc.) before you are allowed to use the equipment. It's a great place. Heard that they may have to move, tho.

MJ

each one is equipped differently

look at the reservation calendar to see what each local offers

but here is an example equipment list

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Friday, January 27, 2017 at 7:42:54 PM UTC-5, MJ wrote:
This is the one I joined last year for two months. You MUST take a safety course in EACH machine group (wood, metal, etc.) before you are allowed to use the equipment. It's a great place. Heard that they may have to move, tho.

MJ

each one is equipped differently

look at the reservation calendar to see what each local offers

but here is an example equipment list

OK, so now I realize that you and I were talking about 2 very different
organizations in my MakerSpace thread.

TechShop appears to be a for-profit company, while MakersSpace is a 501(c)3
organization, i.e. a non-profit. At least the one by me is.

That explains the $1MM seed money that you mentioned vs. the "everything
has been donated" (well, almost everything) at MakerSpace. They did mention
that a member suggested an oscillating sander. None were available for
donation, so they bought one.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 27 Jan 2017 16:42:51 -0800 (PST)
MJ wrote:

This is the one I joined last year for two months. You MUST take a
safety course in EACH machine group (wood, metal, etc.) before you
are allowed to use the equipment. It's a great place. Heard that they
may have to move, tho.

they have added more i noticed when i looked at the locations map

i like the idea of a shared shop but it does require planning and
organizing and scheduling which is a little extra work

but the list of machines is incredible