Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Gorilla products suck.

I didn't like Gorilla glue (urethane glue).
well april 1st I needed a black duck tape for a gag. I didn't find it
strong at all. It is thicker than duck tape, not as pliable. And it's
level of stick is less than duck tape.

I had no duck tape at home today, so I needed to use the remaining black
Gorilla tape.. just like the first experience it just doesn't seem to
grab very well.

Gorilla products seem to be overhyped crap. The name is just that a
name. My opinion is stay away from Gorilla crap.

This was a public service announcement. :-)
Flame shields on.

--
Jeff
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/29/2016 10:30 AM, woodchucker wrote:
I didn't like Gorilla glue (urethane glue).
well april 1st I needed a black duck tape for a gag. I didn't find it
strong at all. It is thicker than duck tape, not as pliable. And it's
level of stick is less than duck tape.

I had no duck tape at home today, so I needed to use the remaining black
Gorilla tape.. just like the first experience it just doesn't seem to
grab very well.

Gorilla products seem to be overhyped crap. The name is just that a
name. My opinion is stay away from Gorilla crap.

This was a public service announcement. :-)
Flame shields on.

I have had very good results with Gorilla wood glue, that which looks
and works like Titebond, II, III.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/29/2016 11:30 AM, woodchucker wrote:
I didn't like Gorilla glue (urethane glue).
well april 1st I needed a black duck tape for a gag. I didn't find it
strong at all. It is thicker than duck tape, not as pliable. And it's
level of stick is less than duck tape.

I had no duck tape at home today, so I needed to use the remaining black
Gorilla tape.. just like the first experience it just doesn't seem to
grab very well.

Gorilla products seem to be overhyped crap. The name is just that a
name. My opinion is stay away from Gorilla crap.

This was a public service announcement. :-)
Flame shields on.

But they have a catchy name and a good ad agency. That gets a good
premium price.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"woodchucker" wrote in message

I didn't like Gorilla glue (urethane glue).
well April 1st I needed a black duck tape for a gag. I didn't find it
strong at all. It is thicker than duck tape, not as pliable. And it's
level of stick is less than duck tape.

I had no duck tape at home today, so I needed to use the remaining black
Gorilla tape.. just like the first experience it just doesn't seem to
grab very well.

I've had exceptional service from Gorilla duct tape including outside
pipe insulation with Gorilla duct tape that has held for four and five
years. There is always a roll in my truck tool box; never leave home without
it.

Gorilla products seem to be overhyped crap. The name is just that a
name. My opinion is stay away from Gorilla crap.

My experience with Gorilla Glue [not wood glue] is that it has a limited
shelf life. If you need it buy the smallest quantity you can get by with.

Dave in SoTex

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 29 Dec 2016 11:30:14 -0500
woodchucker wrote:

I didn't like Gorilla glue (urethane glue).

it has uses in some cases like filling gaps

the worst part though is the shelf life is really bad and i thought i
was storing it wrong

but no it was sealed and still hardened

no longer use their products

Posted to rec.woodworking

Electric Comet was heard to mutter:

it has uses in some cases like filling gaps

the worst part though is the shelf life is really bad and i thought i
was storing it wrong

but no it was sealed and still hardened

no longer use their products

I've got a 2+ year old bottle sitting in my fridge that works fine.
I use small quatities and, for me, that keeps it good longer.