Posted to rec.woodworking

Default 'Paper Cut' taken to a whole new level

What can a 10" disk of spinning papaer cut?

.... "Kind of gives a new meaning to thin kerf blade!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYfkhdKcEiE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19aLek0KduM

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Saturday, August 27, 2016 at 7:59:03 AM UTC-4, Spalted Walt wrote:
What can a 10" disk of spinning papaer cut?

... "Kind of gives a new meaning to thin kerf blade!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYfkhdKcEiE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19aLek0KduM

Some safety features have been removed for filming purposes.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 27 Aug 2016 06:29:23 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Saturday, August 27, 2016 at 7:59:03 AM UTC-4, Spalted Walt wrote:
What can a 10" disk of spinning papaer cut?

... "Kind of gives a new meaning to thin kerf blade!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYfkhdKcEiE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19aLek0KduM

Some safety features have been removed for filming purposes.

Safety? It's only a "paper cut".
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/27/2016 8:29 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Saturday, August 27, 2016 at 7:59:03 AM UTC-4, Spalted Walt wrote:
What can a 10" disk of spinning papaer cut?

... "Kind of gives a new meaning to thin kerf blade!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYfkhdKcEiE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19aLek0KduM

Some safety features have been removed for filming purposes.

Actually in the last video near the end you could clearly see the
SawStop in action. ;~) The paper blade popped and disappeared.
Posted to rec.woodworking

DerbyDad03 wrote:

On Saturday, August 27, 2016 at 7:59:03 AM UTC-4, Spalted Walt wrote:
What can a 10" disk of spinning papaer cut?

... "Kind of gives a new meaning to thin kerf blade!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYfkhdKcEiE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19aLek0KduM

Some safety features have been removed for filming purposes.

I gotta ask, which removed "safety features" caused your consternation?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/27/2016 10:48 AM, Spalted Walt wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:

On Saturday, August 27, 2016 at 7:59:03 AM UTC-4, Spalted Walt wrote:
What can a 10" disk of spinning papaer cut?

... "Kind of gives a new meaning to thin kerf blade!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYfkhdKcEiE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19aLek0KduM

Some safety features have been removed for filming purposes.

I gotta ask, which removed "safety features" caused your consternation?

I don't know about bone, but it would easily split you finger skin apart.
Posted to rec.woodworking

DerbyDad03 wrote:

On Saturday, August 27, 2016 at 7:59:03 AM UTC-4, Spalted Walt wrote:
What can a 10" disk of spinning papaer cut?

... "Kind of gives a new meaning to thin kerf blade!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYfkhdKcEiE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19aLek0KduM

Some safety features have been removed for filming purposes.

I gotta ask, which removed "safety features" caused your consternation?

I don't know about bone, but it would easily split you finger skin apart.

Hence the subject 'Paper Cut' taken to a whole new level". Would you
have been more comfortable viewing the video had he used a push
stick?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 27 Aug 2016 11:58:56 +0000
Spalted Walt wrote:

What can a 10" disk of spinning papaer cut?

the foam cutting looked good

now i wonder if a sheet of carbon fiber could be used instead or just
a thin sheet of stainless or other hard materials

i think he made a bowling ball on his table saw in one video
not with the paper blade

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Saturday, August 27, 2016 at 10:49:06 AM UTC-4, Spalted Walt wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:

On Saturday, August 27, 2016 at 7:59:03 AM UTC-4, Spalted Walt wrote:
What can a 10" disk of spinning papaer cut?

... "Kind of gives a new meaning to thin kerf blade!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYfkhdKcEiE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19aLek0KduM

Some safety features have been removed for filming purposes.

I gotta ask, which removed "safety features" caused your consternation?

Good grief, it was a joke.

How many times have we watched videos of a woodworking technique during which
the safety feature disclaimer scrolls across the screen?

I was just having some fun.
Posted to rec.woodworking

DerbyDad03 wrote:

On Saturday, August 27, 2016 at 7:59:03 AM UTC-4, Spalted Walt wrote:
What can a 10" disk of spinning papaer cut?

... "Kind of gives a new meaning to thin kerf blade!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYfkhdKcEiE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19aLek0KduM

Some safety features have been removed for filming purposes.

I gotta ask, which removed "safety features" caused your consternation?

I don't know about bone, but it would easily split you finger skin apart.

Hence the subject 'Paper Cut' taken to a whole new level". Would you
have been more comfortable viewing the video had he used a push
stick?

No, that would have taken the fun out of it.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Spalted Walt wrote in
:

Hence the subject 'Paper Cut' taken to a whole new level". Would you
have been more comfortable viewing the video had he used a push
stick?

He needs to use a human flesh analog and a push stick both. If a hot dog
isn't available, use a Jalepeno on a stick.

Puckdropper
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Saturday, August 27, 2016 at 10:16:29 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Spalted Walt wrote in
:

Hence the subject 'Paper Cut' taken to a whole new level". Would you
have been more comfortable viewing the video had he used a push
stick?

He needs to use a human flesh analog and a push stick both. If a hot dog
isn't available, use a Jalepeno on a stick.

Well, he did say "I wish I had a wiener." I assume he was talking about
a hot dog, not a politician.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Puckdropper puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote in news:57c2492b$0$42267$b1db1813
:

Spalted Walt wrote in
:

Hence the subject 'Paper Cut' taken to a whole new level". Would you
have been more comfortable viewing the video had he used a push
stick?

He needs to use a human flesh analog and a push stick both. If a hot dog
isn't available, use a Jalepeno on a stick.

I think you've just invented a new food for the state fair. Jalapeno on a stick. Fill it with sour
cream, dip it in beer batter, deep-fry it...
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2016-08-28, Doug Miller wrote:

Puckdropper puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote in news:57c2492b$0$42267$b1db1813

isn't available, use a Jalepeno on a stick.

I think you've just invented a new food for the state fair. Jalapeno
on a stick. Fill it with sour cream, dip it in beer batter, deep-fry
it...

I suspect that since comedian Jeff Dunham has already created such a
creature (José Jalapeño on a Stick) and Walmart is currently selling
Deep Fried Twinkies, I'm sure deep fried poppers ona stick are already
available at some fair, somewhere.

nb
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sunday, August 28, 2016 at 12:53:36 PM UTC-5, notbob wrote:
I think you've just invented a new food for the state fair. Jalapeno
on a stick. Fill it with sour cream, dip it in beer batter, deep-fry
it...

I suspect that since comedian Jeff Dunham has already created such a
creature (José Jalapeño on a Stick) and Walmart is currently selling
Deep Fried Twinkies, I'm sure deep fried poppers ona stick are already
available at some fair, somewhere.

nb

Locals, here, wrap the stuffed jalapenos with bacon (no stick), before BBQing, also. Quick snacks, along with honey sausage, while waiting for the rest of the BBQ meats to cook. I didn't Google, but maybe Jose' Jalapenos (if there are a variety of them) are wrapped in bacon, also.

Sonny

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/28/2016 12:19 PM, Doug Miller wrote:
Puckdropper puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote in news:57c2492b$0$42267$b1db1813
:

Spalted Walt wrote in
:

Hence the subject 'Paper Cut' taken to a whole new level". Would you
have been more comfortable viewing the video had he used a push
stick?

He needs to use a human flesh analog and a push stick both. If a hot dog
isn't available, use a Jalepeno on a stick.

I think you've just invented a new food for the state fair. Jalapeno on a stick. Fill it with sour
cream, dip it in beer batter, deep-fry it...

In Texas, minus the stick, we call those "Poppers".
Posted to rec.woodworking
JAS JAS is offline

Leon wrote:
On 8/28/2016 12:19 PM, Doug Miller wrote:
Puckdropper puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote in
:

Spalted Walt wrote in
:

Hence the subject 'Paper Cut' taken to a whole new level". Would you
have been more comfortable viewing the video had he used a push
stick?

He needs to use a human flesh analog and a push stick both. If a hot
dog
isn't available, use a Jalepeno on a stick.

I think you've just invented a new food for the state fair. Jalapeno
on a stick. Fill it with sour
cream, dip it in beer batter, deep-fry it...

In Texas, minus the stick, we call those "Poppers".

In Nebraska also.

--
You either teach people to treat you with dignity and respect, or
you don't. This means you are partly responsible for the mistreatment
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tuesday, August 30, 2016 at 9:58:19 AM UTC-4, JAS wrote:
Leon wrote:
On 8/28/2016 12:19 PM, Doug Miller wrote:
Puckdropper puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote in
:

Spalted Walt wrote in
:

Hence the subject 'Paper Cut' taken to a whole new level". Would you
have been more comfortable viewing the video had he used a push
stick?

He needs to use a human flesh analog and a push stick both. If a hot
dog
isn't available, use a Jalepeno on a stick.

I think you've just invented a new food for the state fair. Jalapeno
on a stick. Fill it with sour
cream, dip it in beer batter, deep-fry it...

In Texas, minus the stick, we call those "Poppers".

In Nebraska also.

Jalapeno Poppers are a common appetizer throughout much, if not all,
of the country.