Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Ping Leon: Makita Trim Router Guide Bushing Adapter

Leon,

The more I look at the Makita videos, the more I'm convinced that the
MLCS Rocky 30 is a re-branded Makita. Not only the router itself, but the
plunge base also.

I called MLCS and asked about a guide bushing adapter for the Rocky 30
plunge base and they said they are "working on getting one approved" but
it could be a few months.

The description for the following adapter says that it fits the plunge
base on the Makita RT0700, RT0700C, RT701C and RTO701CX3. Assuming that
my plunge base is indeed a re-branded Makita, this is what I need in
order to use guide bushings, right?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Router-Templ...-/111153232468

(P.S. I played with the router this weekend and am working on a review.
Soon!)

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/25/2016 2:14 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
Leon,

The more I look at the Makita videos, the more I'm convinced that the
MLCS Rocky 30 is a re-branded Makita. Not only the router itself, but the
plunge base also.

I called MLCS and asked about a guide bushing adapter for the Rocky 30
plunge base and they said they are "working on getting one approved" but
it could be a few months.

The description for the following adapter says that it fits the plunge
base on the Makita RT0700, RT0700C, RT701C and RTO701CX3. Assuming that
my plunge base is indeed a re-branded Makita, this is what I need in
order to use guide bushings, right?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Router-Templ...-/111153232468

(P.S. I played with the router this weekend and am working on a review.
Soon!)

According to the information on the link you provided it should fit.
But it looks nothing like the one for my Makita.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...posted-public/
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Monday, July 25, 2016 at 7:14:39 PM UTC-4, Leon wrote:
[...]

Interesting. That view of your plunge base looks exactly like mine with
one minor exception: The empty holes on your base have smoother countersink
than mine. It looks like your mounting screws would sit flush (or lower) if
you dropped them in those holes, while mine would sit proud.

In any case, I ordered the adapter on eBay. For $10, it's worth a shot.

Thanks for the pics.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/25/2016 6:43 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
[...]

Yes! Certainly worth a shot.