Posted to rec.woodworking

Default experience with hf returns

anyone had to do a return to hf

what about a new tool that is missing a part

just wondering if i should just ask for a refund and repurchase

or have them send a part

do not order from them much and have never had an issue that was
worth contacting them about

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/9/16 3:47 PM, Electric Comet wrote:

anyone had to do a return to hf

what about a new tool that is missing a part

just wondering if i should just ask for a refund and repurchase

or have them send a part

do not order from them much and have never had an issue that was
worth contacting them about

Every HF I have dealt with has been great about returns.
If something is missing, they most likely just take the whole thing and
give you an entire new one. They did have to send me parts form
something I bought, but it was fast and trouble free.

If I were you, I'd contact your computer manufacturer to see if they can
send you all the capital letters and punctuation marks that are missing
from your keyboard.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

-MIKE- wrote in :

On 6/9/16 3:47 PM, Electric Comet wrote:

anyone had to do a return to hf

what about a new tool that is missing a part

Every HF I have dealt with has been great about returns.
If something is missing, they most likely just take the whole thing and
give you an entire new one.

That has been my experience also.

If I were you, I'd contact your computer manufacturer to see if they can
send you all the capital letters and punctuation marks that are missing
from your keyboard.

LOL.

John
Posted to rec.woodworking

One of my HF's would not do any thing without a receipt. I live in the
SF Bay Area.

CP

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 13 Jun 2016 17:25:20 -0700
MOP CAP wrote:

One of my HF's would not do any thing without a receipt. I live in
the SF Bay Area.

yeah gotta have a receipt but that has been true for a long time
everywhere

will probably sell this one and just get a new one

always a point of diminishing returns on time spent getting a refund
or a replacement

tools sell well on feebay too

Posted to rec.woodworking

MOP CAP wrote:

One of my HF's would not do any thing without a receipt. I live in
the SF Bay Area.

yeah gotta have a receipt but that has been true for a long time
everywhere

will probably sell this one and just get a new one

always a point of diminishing returns on time spent getting a refund
or a replacement

tools sell well on feebay too

Should you decide to sell, I sure hope any missing/damaged parts will be well-disclosed in your post. Nothing worse that than buying someones trash, unknowingly.
Posted to rec.woodworking

MOP CAP wrote:

One of my HF's would not do any thing without a receipt. I live in
the SF Bay Area.

Where? I usta live in Pleasanton/Livermore.

yeah gotta have a receipt but that has been true for a long time
everywhere

Buy a new one and use the second receipt to get a refund on the first
purchase.

nb
Posted to rec.woodworking

notbob wrote:
Buy a new one and use the second receipt to get a refund on the first
purchase. nb

Careful out there. Some may call that fraud...
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2016-06-14, Bill wrote:

Careful out there. Some may call that fraud...

Yet selling an item with missing parts is not?

nb
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2016-06-14, Bill wrote:

Careful out there. Some may call that fraud...

Yet selling an item with missing parts is not?

It goes back to "intent".

nb

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2016-06-14, Bill wrote:

Careful out there. Some may call that fraud...

Yet selling an item with missing parts is not?

It goes back to "intent".

Ironically, "creating justice" for yourself seems to be frowned upon in
the judicial system.

nb

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2016-06-14, Bill wrote:

It goes back to "intent".

How does that work? The vendor unintentionally leaves a piece out,
but I cannot "unintentionally" switch receipts? Who decides this?
You? A judge? A jury? And fer which party? Me? The vendor?

Doesn't strike me as a very level playing field. 8|

nb
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2016-06-14, Bill wrote:
It goes back to "intent".

How does that work? The vendor unintentionally leaves a piece out,
but I cannot "unintentionally" switch receipts? Who decides this?
You? A judge? A jury? And fer which party? Me? The vendor?

Try switching receipts with your insurance company and see what
happens! They will take care of you pronto! ; )

Doesn't strike me as a very level playing field. 8|

nb

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2016-06-14, Bill wrote:

Try switching receipts with your insurance company and see what
happens! They will take care of you pronto! ; )

So you say. I've already been defrauded by my auto insurance company
and it looks like they may be at it again. They owe me $200 and I've
yet to see it.

I don't have time to argue with you, but you can tell all the other
posters, here, how insurance companies never ever defraud their
customers. I'm sure you'll get a lots of support.

nb
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2016-06-14, Bill wrote:

Try switching receipts with your insurance company and see what
happens! They will take care of you pronto! ; )

So you say. I've already been defrauded by my auto insurance company
and it looks like they may be at it again. They owe me $200 and I've
yet to see it.

I don't have time to argue with you, but you can tell all the other
posters, here, how insurance companies never ever defraud their
customers. I'm sure you'll get a lots of support.

I just chose insurance companies as an example. Defraud anyone and get a
free lesson in how the legal system works...

nb

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2016-06-15, Bill wrote:

I just chose insurance companies as an example. Defraud anyone and get a
free lesson in how the legal system works...

Jes bring $$$$
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/14/2016 4:33 PM, Bill wrote:
notbob wrote:
Buy a new one and use the second receipt to get a refund on the first
purchase. nb

Careful out there. Some may call that fraud...

Explain how this would be conceived as fraud? You bought and paid for both.

This is no different than you buying an item twice on different days and
returning one with one of the receipts. What is wrong with that?

Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:
On 6/14/2016 4:33 PM, Bill wrote:
notbob wrote:
Buy a new one and use the second receipt to get a refund on the first
purchase. nb

Careful out there. Some may call that fraud...

Explain how this would be conceived as fraud? You bought and paid for
both.

This is no different than you buying an item twice on different days
and returning one with one of the receipts. What is wrong with that?

It depends on how many days there are between the different days. For
instance, an item may have a 30-day guarantee. If there were 31 days
between purchases, using the newer receipt to take advantage of the 30
day guarantee on the older item would constitute fraud.

HF returns Z3Driver[_2_] Woodworking 15 March 15th 12 03:05 PM
CPC returns... what they like? Jim K[_3_] UK diy 9 November 2nd 11 12:35 AM
B+Q returns [email protected] UK diy 16 February 25th 05 05:19 PM
Anyone experience returns with Plumbworld??? John Borman UK diy 3 January 17th 05 01:26 PM
Basement returns PVR Home Repair 2 January 12th 05 07:43 AM