Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default HF returns

Here's what I posted on Yelp:

Return policy precludes returns after 90 days. I purchased a
whetstone grinder a few years ago and finally got around to opening it
yesterday. Turn out the arbor is of insufficient length to support
the grinding wheel. HF refused to take it back for either a refund or
store credit. This is the second power tool I've purchased from them
that was faulty. And the manager's attitude indicated he couldn't
care less if I ever shopped there again. And I won't. Yes, the
prices are good ... but in this life you tend to get what you pay for.

So ... I paid $67 for it on sale, reg $109. Put it on the shelf
unopened. Opened it last night and found that the arbor was too short
to accept both the wheel (which had a small chip on the edge) and the
washer and nut. Not good. It does have a leather-like honing wheel,
so I guess I'll just keep it for that.

Grrrr,

Larry