Posted to rec.woodworking

Default A project revisited

Some 6 years ago I gave a blow by blow of the design and build of our
bedroom furniture. Yo might recall the "Tower" project.
Anyway I shoe horned the bed, towers, and light bridge into our smaller
home bedroom with the expectation that my wife and I would never move
from that house.

Fast forward about 10 months and we had a new home built and had to move
the darn thing.

Fast forward to two days ago and we moved it again, but only in the same
room. We decided to clock the piece 90 degrees, cover the window wall
with floor to almost ceiling curtains and finally the pieces do not look
too big for the room and the room literally has about double the free
space in one location.

Anyway, here it is today.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...posted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...posted-public/
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/29/2016 5:27 PM, Leon wrote:
Some 6 years ago I gave a blow by blow of the design and build of our
bedroom furniture. Yo might recall the "Tower" project.

Fast forward about 10 months and we had a new home built and had to move
the darn thing.

Anyway, here it is today.

Like I said yesterday, I thought the BR set looked fantastic where it
was the last few years. Doing the latest took it up more than a couple
of levels.

Looks like something you'd see featured on Houzz ...

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 29 May 2016 17:27:45 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

[...]

Looks very nice, seems to fit comfortable there.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sunday, May 29, 2016 at 5:27:49 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:

Anyway, here it is today.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...posted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...posted-public/

Leon, your work always looks nice, no matter how you arrange it.

When you have time, maybe consider revising the corners of the cabinet tops, i.e., a corner post top/cap, for those cabinet corners' tops, matching the bed post tops/caps, though they might not be seen as readily as the bed posts. *Just a though I had, when viewing the whole of the room.

I recall your making/applying other simialr post tops/caps, that way, as well. Those are nice, noticeable details, among your many.

Sonny

Posted to rec.woodworking

Sonny wrote:
On Sunday, May 29, 2016 at 5:27:49 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:

Anyway, here it is today.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...posted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...posted-public/

Leon, your work always looks nice, no matter how you arrange it.

Thank you, we are very happy with it now.

When you have time, maybe consider revising the corners of the cabinet
tops, i.e., a corner post top/cap, for those cabinet corners' tops,
matching the bed post tops/caps, though they might not be seen as readily
as the bed posts. *Just a though I had, when viewing the whole of the room.

Those cab tops are about 84" high. :-)

I recall your making/applying other simialr post tops/caps, that way, as
well. Those are nice, noticeable details, among your many.

Thank you again !

Sonny

An older project revisited Leon[_7_] Woodworking 7 October 19th 15 02:00 PM
Well Well revisited ARWadsworth UK diy 1 May 2nd 09 06:25 PM
Well Well revisited ARWadsworth UK diy 0 May 1st 09 11:02 PM
TRV's Revisited The Medway Handyman UK diy 15 November 7th 06 08:45 PM
VFD and RPC Revisited [email protected] Metalworking 4 March 24th 05 04:17 PM