Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT - Space Station Sighting Times Based On Location

This site lists the times that the International Space Station can be seen
from locations all over the world.

https://spotthestation.nasa.gov/sightings/index.cfm

I've got a 5 minute viewing window coming up in about an hour, so I'm
going to head down to the southern shores of one our Great Lakes and
check it out. It's only about a 2 minute drive. I think I need
to get away from the trees because it's going to be very low in the
sky (10°).
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/28/2016 11:40 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
This site lists the times that the International Space Station can be seen
from locations all over the world.

https://spotthestation.nasa.gov/sightings/index.cfm

I've got a 5 minute viewing window coming up in about an hour, so I'm
going to head down to the southern shores of one our Great Lakes and
check it out. It's only about a 2 minute drive. I think I need
to get away from the trees because it's going to be very low in the
sky (10°).

You can download the Sky View app for your smartphone, aim it in any
direction and the app will move to match the sun, moon, stars,
constellations and other misc objects in motion. It will display path of
the moon, sun and the ISS(as well as any other moving object). You can
click on the object and it will provide you info of what it is.

If you like star gazing, it's a great app to have.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/29/2016 6:26 AM, Meanie wrote:
[...]

It's called "Star Guide", not Star View, though, there are others, I
find the SG app the best.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/28/2016 11:40 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
This site lists the times that the International Space Station can be seen
from locations all over the world.

https://spotthestation.nasa.gov/sightings/index.cfm

I've got a 5 minute viewing window coming up in about an hour, so I'm
going to head down to the southern shores of one our Great Lakes and
check it out. It's only about a 2 minute drive. I think I need
to get away from the trees because it's going to be very low in the
sky (10°).

You can also find the information at this site

https://spotthestation.nasa.gov/
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/29/2016 7:19 AM, Keith Nuttle wrote:
On 5/28/2016 11:40 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
This site lists the times that the International Space Station can be
seen
from locations all over the world.

https://spotthestation.nasa.gov/sightings/index.cfm

I've got a 5 minute viewing window coming up in about an hour, so I'm
going to head down to the southern shores of one our Great Lakes and
check it out. It's only about a 2 minute drive. I think I need
to get away from the trees because it's going to be very low in the
sky (10°).

You can also find the information at this site

https://spotthestation.nasa.gov/

Sorry about the second post. I saw Spotthespace station and did not
realize it was the same NASA site I used.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/29/16 6:12 AM, Keith Nuttle wrote:
On 5/29/2016 7:19 AM, Keith Nuttle wrote:
On 5/28/2016 11:40 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
This site lists the times that the International Space Station can be
seen
from locations all over the world.

https://spotthestation.nasa.gov/sightings/index.cfm

I've got a 5 minute viewing window coming up in about an hour, so I'm
going to head down to the southern shores of one our Great Lakes and
check it out. It's only about a 2 minute drive. I think I need
to get away from the trees because it's going to be very low in the
sky (10°).

You can also find the information at this site

https://spotthestation.nasa.gov/

Sorry about the second post. I saw Spotthespace station and did not
realize it was the same NASA site I used.

Another fun thing to watch for are the Iridium satellites catching the
sun and producing a brief and very bright flare (aka, Iridium flares)

http://www.heavens-above.com

-BR

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/28/2016 10:40 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
This site lists the times that the International Space Station can be seen
from locations all over the world.

https://spotthestation.nasa.gov/sightings/index.cfm

I've got a 5 minute viewing window coming up in about an hour, so I'm
going to head down to the southern shores of one our Great Lakes and
check it out. It's only about a 2 minute drive. I think I need
to get away from the trees because it's going to be very low in the
sky (10°).

Did you see it?

Too much urban light pollution here.
Can barely see a full moon.

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sunday, May 29, 2016 at 11:47:23 AM UTC-4, Swingman wrote:
On 5/28/2016 10:40 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
This site lists the times that the International Space Station can be seen
from locations all over the world.

https://spotthestation.nasa.gov/sightings/index.cfm

I've got a 5 minute viewing window coming up in about an hour, so I'm
going to head down to the southern shores of one our Great Lakes and
check it out. It's only about a 2 minute drive. I think I need
to get away from the trees because it's going to be very low in the
sky (10°).

Did you see it?

Too much urban light pollution here.
Can barely see a full moon.

No, not last night. Too many clouds, not a star to be seen.

Now that I know how often it can be seen, I'm sure I'll catch it one of these days. I hear it
only takes 92 minutes to orbit the earth, which is why it can be seen every ~1.5 hours once
it gets dark. Damn, that's quick!

Luckily, I can get away from the bright lights in just a few minutes,

Space station stuart noble UK diy 25 April 13th 15 12:48 PM
RARE SIGHTING! charlieb Woodworking Plans and Photos 4 August 17th 08 05:36 AM
How A HSMer Would A Fix A Space Station Too_Many_Tools Metalworking 7 November 4th 07 01:57 AM
Sign of damage seen in space station solar panel gear (Metal content) Camilo Ramos Metalworking 9 October 31st 07 10:32 PM
Recommendations for soldering station and Desoldering station or rework station. Z Electronics Repair 0 May 9th 04 04:15 AM