Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Refinished a table for a neighbor

I refinished this piece, and delivered it yesterday.
I had to cut the top apart and jointed it to get it to be flat.
From where it was , to where it is , it looks good to me.
The money shot was the top.. the other wood was less impressive.

Glad my wife saw it and said I would do it over for them. The woman was
going to paint it, which would have been a shame.

http://imgur.com/a/sASn3

--
Jeff
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/24/2016 11:35 AM, woodchucker wrote:
I refinished this piece, and delivered it yesterday.
I had to cut the top apart and jointed it to get it to be flat.
From where it was , to where it is , it looks good to me.
The money shot was the top.. the other wood was less impressive.

Glad my wife saw it and said I would do it over for them. The woman was
going to paint it, which would have been a shame.

http://imgur.com/a/sASn3

Masterfully done, Jeff!

And, you saved some beautiful wood from a terrible fate. Painting QSO is
more egregious than painting cherry.

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 24 May 2016 12:35:25 -0400, woodchucker
wrote:

I refinished this piece, and delivered it yesterday.
I had to cut the top apart and jointed it to get it to be flat.
From where it was , to where it is , it looks good to me.
The money shot was the top.. the other wood was less impressive.

Glad my wife saw it and said I would do it over for them. The woman was
going to paint it, which would have been a shame.

http://imgur.com/a/sASn3

took a good look at your pictures, from one end to the other. Very,
very nice job. Great that you restored it saving it from paint that
probably would have had it tossed into the trash in less than a year.

I wouldn't be surprised but that turns into a good advertising piece.
Posted to rec.woodworking

woodchucker wrote:

I refinished this piece, and delivered it yesterday.

did you trace out the leg contours so you could make one like that

a nice looking table in any wood

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/24/2016 12:35 PM, woodchucker wrote:
I refinished this piece, and delivered it yesterday.
I had to cut the top apart and jointed it to get it to be flat.
From where it was , to where it is , it looks good to me.
The money shot was the top.. the other wood was less impressive.

Glad my wife saw it and said I would do it over for them. The woman was
going to paint it, which would have been a shame.

http://imgur.com/a/sASn3

Yeah, that curly grain does not hold paint well. Contact paper should
work.

I'm sure she appreciated it.
Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

On 05/24/2016 11:35 AM, woodchucker wrote:
I refinished this piece, and delivered it yesterday.
I had to cut the top apart and jointed it to get it to be flat.
From where it was , to where it is , it looks good to me.
The money shot was the top.. the other wood was less impressive.

Glad my wife saw it and said I would do it over for them. The woman was
going to paint it, which would have been a shame.

http://imgur.com/a/sASn3

The identical table is sitting in our entry SWMBO drug in from
somewhere. It's in far worse shape than that one started out at and
isn't even oak as a redeeming feature. I've not been able to get enough
of a vibe off it to even replace the top with something presentable...

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tuesday, May 24, 2016 at 11:35:30 AM UTC-5, woodchucker wrote:

From where it was , to where it is , it looks good to me.

The money shot was the top.. the other wood was less impressive.

Looks great to me. It's all impressive. Good job.

Sonny
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tuesday, May 24, 2016 at 6:22:30 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

http://imgur.com/a/sASn3

Congratulations, that looks great! Good job.

Yeah, that curly grain does not hold paint well. Contact paper should
work.

Hell, yeah! I am still laughing at that one.

Robert
Posted to rec.woodworking

woodchucker wrote:
I refinished this piece, and delivered it yesterday.
I had to cut the top apart and jointed it to get it to be flat.
From where it was , to where it is , it looks good to me.
The money shot was the top.. the other wood was less impressive.

Glad my wife saw it and said I would do it over for them. The woman was
going to paint it, which would have been a shame.

http://imgur.com/a/sASn3

Great job! Is that actually your shop? If so, it's too neat and
clean. You should sprinkle some shavings around before you make any
more pictures.
--
GW Ross

Do fish get thirsty?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/25/2016 9:31 AM, G. Ross wrote:
woodchucker wrote:
I refinished this piece, and delivered it yesterday.
I had to cut the top apart and jointed it to get it to be flat.
From where it was , to where it is , it looks good to me.
The money shot was the top.. the other wood was less impressive.

Glad my wife saw it and said I would do it over for them. The woman was
going to paint it, which would have been a shame.

http://imgur.com/a/sASn3

Great job! Is that actually your shop? If so, it's too neat and
clean. You should sprinkle some shavings around before you make any
more pictures.

Thanks everyone.
My shop looks like a mess usually.
I try to keep my workbenches clear, but at times (during a project) I
lose the battle.
Then I clean up so I can repeat. I hate it when the bench is full and I
can't put work down.. so I try ... to avoid it.

Actually my floors had enough shavings recently that it started being a
problem. I have to use a dust pan or shovel when it gets that deep.

But I sweep, I have a floor sweep in the machine room, would like to add
one to my hand shop.

--
Jeff
Posted to rec.woodworking

woodchucker wrote:

I refinished this piece, and delivered it yesterday.

did you trace out the leg contours so you could make one like that

a nice looking table in any wood

No, I wasn't thrilled with the design, only the wood. It felt too
delicate. the bottom shelf was held on with screw eyes.

I would have doweled and glued them.

--
Jeff

refinished 5 1/4 on binaries. woodchucker[_3_] Woodworking 16 January 23rd 13 07:05 PM
table refinished (1/1) BumHead Woodworking Plans and Photos 6 April 14th 07 11:39 PM
table refinished (0/1) BumHead Woodworking Plans and Photos 11 April 13th 07 02:58 PM
Streaks in refinished floor Sue UK diy 1 November 28th 06 11:25 AM
Chimney top needs refinished [email protected] Home Repair 0 November 20th 06 05:12 PM