Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default table refinished (1/1)

Attached Thumbnails
table refinished (1/1)-granny-table-medium-jpg  table refinished (1/1)-granny-table-001-medium-jpg  table refinished (1/1)-granny-table-006-medium-jpg  table refinished (1/1)-granny-table-008-medium-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

I had the same table up until last year, but it was never refinished.
Sold it at auction for $7500.00

Too bad you refinished yours.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

If this wasn't a family piece I would sell it for that much. But,
since it is a family piece it would take a whole lot more than that to
get it.
I work hard and know the value of money, but money isn't
everything.
On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 20:11:28 -0500, mapdude wrote:

I had the same table up until last year, but it was never refinished.
Sold it at auction for $7500.00

Too bad you refinished yours.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"mapdude" wrote in message
I had the same table up until last year, but it was never refinished.
Sold it at auction for $7500.00

Too bad you refinished yours.

There are some things you just can't do with money ... even when spread out
on the floor with a lamp on it.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 2/20/07

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

You did a superb job with that table, and it looks very good. My wife and I
have a table very similar in design to that. The ball feet have brass
talon-like fixtures as well. It still has the original finish, and we're
lucky that it does not yet need what you did for yours. Ours has a more
mahogany looking appearance, but the finish could well be disguising the
true identity of the wood.

I cannot remember at this time exactly how we came by our table, but I
believe it was bought at one of the hundreds of auctions we have attended in
our nearly 37 years together. I'm sure my wife would remember EXACTLY where
and when we bought it, and probably how much we paid for it.

In any case, I would love to know more about the table. If anyone out there
knows any background on this style table, I would truly appreciate your
sharing it with me and the group.

Thanks,

Wade

"BumHead" wrote in message
news

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

on 15/04/2007, John Smith supposed :

(snip)

I'm sure my wife would remember EXACTLY where
and when we bought it, and probably how much we paid for it.

(snip)

Funny how they can do that. I have usually forgotten the price before I
get out of the shop.

I have a theory that it is beacuse women were the gatherers of the
caveman tribes and getting a bargain is like finding a berry bush close
to the cave.
Mekon

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Thank you. This table was also origionally finished much darker
than the stain I put back on it.
Yes I too would like to know more about this table. Such as
where and who made it. The only identifying mark it is the number
"305" on the bottom side of the top. The numbers are big, about 3
inch tall numbers painted wiht what looks like with a sencil cut out,
ie not hand painted. The numbers are too perfectly shaped for free
hand. Nothing anywhere I can find on it says anything about who or
where it was made. My wife got it from her grandmother who lived in
north Texas near Amarillo. Supposedly her grandmother got it from her
grandmother who bought it used. However, some of her relatives on
that side of the family moved there from south central Kentucky some
unknown generations ago. That is all I know about it. It could have
been made somewhere in the northeast US or in Europe for all I know.
On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 22:05:42 GMT, "John Smith"
wrote:

[...]

"BumHead" wrote in message
news

Streaks in refinished floor Sue Home Repair 2 November 28th 06 04:56 PM
Streaks in refinished floor Sue UK diy 1 November 28th 06 11:25 AM
Chimney top needs refinished [email protected] Home Repair 0 November 20th 06 05:12 PM
buff out scratches in newly refinished hardwood dadiOH Home Repair 1 February 2nd 05 01:38 AM
Refinished hardware floors scratched JaKe Home Repair 14 July 18th 04 01:33 PM