Posted to rec.woodworking

Default metal folding sawhorse

anyone know where to get these sawhorses

http://images.craigslist.org/01414_k...FT_600x450.jpg

have been looking for some and have not found any
new or used is fine

they are simple and sturdy and take a beating

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wednesday, May 11, 2016 at 11:55:39 AM UTC-4, Electric Comet wrote:
anyone know where to get these sawhorses

http://images.craigslist.org/01414_k...FT_600x450.jpg

have been looking for some and have not found any
new or used is fine

they are simple and sturdy and take a beating

I'm sure the seller would throw them in with the rest the $25K lot.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 11 May 2016 08:52:22 -0700
Electric Comet wrote:

anyone know where to get these sawhorses

http://images.craigslist.org/01414_k...FT_600x450.jpg

have been looking for some and have not found any
new or used is fine

they are simple and sturdy and take a beating

i found someting that looks similar at hf but we know they make
some things that look are very tool like

one review mentions the work stands collapsing while he was out of
the shop and he caught it on his security cam

harborfreight.com/200-lb-capacity-portable-work-stand-38778.html

Posted to rec.woodworking

Electric Comet wrote:

anyone know where to get these sawhorses

http://images.craigslist.org/01414_k...FT_600x450.jpg

have been looking for some and have not found any
new or used is fine

they are simple and sturdy and take a beating

i found someting that looks similar at hf but we know they make
some things that look are very tool like

one review mentions the work stands collapsing while he was out of
the shop and he caught it on his security cam

harborfreight.com/200-lb-capacity-portable-work-stand-38778.html

The guys mistake was extending the chains. Now he was not using them
as designed and he ended up putting stress on points that were not
designed for it.

Harbor Freight should have mentioned that on a reply.

Basically those are EMT conduit, both the HF and the one in your
picture. The one in your picture is stronger by total design, but not
by much.

If you are serious about fold up and strong, height adjustable metal
horses look at Home depot, they have three IIRC sizes. Up to 1500 or
more pounds.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Electric Comet wrote:

anyone know where to get these sawhorses

http://images.craigslist.org/01414_k...FT_600x450.jpg

have been looking for some and have not found any
new or used is fine

they are simple and sturdy and take a beating

i found someting that looks similar at hf but we know they make
some things that look are very tool like

one review mentions the work stands collapsing while he was out of
the shop and he caught it on his security cam

harborfreight.com/200-lb-capacity-portable-work-stand-38778.html

I have a couple of sets of plastic saw horses similar to these. What I like
about them is the shelf underneath. It's a great place to hold tools and
parts while working on whatever is on top.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_425613-82673...d=4113818&pl=1

Mine are not height adjustable. Perhaps that's a nice feature but I've never
tried it.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 11 May 2016 09:11:53 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Wednesday, May 11, 2016 at 11:55:39 AM UTC-4, Electric Comet wrote:
anyone know where to get these sawhorses

http://images.craigslist.org/01414_k...FT_600x450.jpg

have been looking for some and have not found any
new or used is fine

they are simple and sturdy and take a beating

I'm sure the seller would throw them in with the rest the $25K lot.

Home Despot, Lowes, most full line hardware stores, just for
starters. They will be "better" and more expensive than the ones
shown. Lots of "how tos" on the web to make your own.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Electric Comet wrote:

anyone know where to get these sawhorses

http://images.craigslist.org/01414_k...FT_600x450.jpg

have been looking for some and have not found any
new or used is fine

they are simple and sturdy and take a beating

i found someting that looks similar at hf but we know they make
some things that look are very tool like

one review mentions the work stands collapsing while he was out of
the shop and he caught it on his security cam

harborfreight.com/200-lb-capacity-portable-work-stand-38778.html

I have a couple of sets of plastic saw horses similar to these. What I like
about them is the shelf underneath. It's a great place to hold tools and
parts while working on whatever is on top.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_425613-82673...d=4113818&pl=1

Mine are not height adjustable. Perhaps that's a nice feature but I've never
tried it.

I have a dozen of these that I bought to refinish the doors on a
previous house. They're undoubtedly better than what no-punctuation
wants but they're still not great. They're the ones that crashed on
Leon, aren't they?

I agree that the shelf below is quite useful.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

On Wednesday, May 11, 2016 at 11:55:39 AM UTC-4, Electric Comet wrote:
anyone know where to get these sawhorses

http://images.craigslist.org/01414_k...FT_600x450.jpg

have been looking for some and have not found any
new or used is fine

they are simple and sturdy and take a beating

I'm sure the seller would throw them in with the rest the $25K lot.

Home Despot, Lowes, most full line hardware stores, just for
starters. They will be "better" and more expensive than the ones
shown. Lots of "how tos" on the web to make your own.

I ended up with these.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/TOUGHBUIL...C700/205870356

I can put up to 4x4 runners, 8 foot long of 2 x 4's etc. They fold up
completely, and the framework that I put on top for cutting 4x8 sheets
of plywood hooks in solidly.

It also is height adjustable so I can gently lay the plywood off its
rack on to the top for cutting up into manageable pieces.
Posted to rec.woodworking

DerbyDad03 wrote:

I'm sure the seller would throw them in with the rest the $25K lot.

i am not so sure
my favorite craigslist tactic is the price change when you arrive

i said 75 right

no the add was for 50

no those sawhorses or is it saw horses are going to be extra

Posted to rec.woodworking

DerbyDad03 wrote:

Mine are not height adjustable. Perhaps that's a nice feature but
I've never tried it.

the one in the picture is super simple and folds up flat

they may not be made anymore

too many features just means more things that can break

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/11/2016 10:52 AM, Electric Comet wrote:
anyone know where to get these sawhorses

http://images.craigslist.org/01414_k...FT_600x450.jpg

have been looking for some and have not found any
new or used is fine

they are simple and sturdy and take a beating

Not those particular ones, but Menard's generally carries one or two
versions. I have some very good, heavy duty ones I bought there. Not
very expensive and very handy. Folded closed they're about 36"x4"x2½"
and have a carry handle that is nicely balanced.

Posted to rec.woodworking

DerbyDad03 wrote:

Mine are not height adjustable. Perhaps that's a nice feature but
I've never tried it.

the one in the picture is super simple and folds up flat

so does the one that dd03 linked to

they may not be made anymore

too many features just means more things that can break

nonsense they're frappin' saw horses

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

http://www.lowes.com/pd_425613-82673...d=4113818&pl=1

Mine are not height adjustable. Perhaps that's a nice feature but I've never
tried it.

I have a dozen of these that I bought to refinish the doors on a
previous house. They're undoubtedly better than what no-punctuation
wants but they're still not great. They're the ones that crashed on
Leon, aren't they?

Yes plastic legs pooped out under a load. I replaced with similar but with
adjustable steel legs.

I agree that the shelf below is quite useful.

Attn: Abby Brown: Sketchup model of a Morris Dovey sawhorse - "Morris Dovey Sawhorse.skp" yEnc (1/1) William Douglas Woodworking Plans and Photos 0 June 15th 10 09:05 PM
Sawhorse brackets T i m UK diy 7 July 6th 09 06:38 PM
KNOCK-DOWN SAWHORSE J T Woodworking 1 September 18th 05 11:45 AM
Where To buy In Metro Boston: Zag/Stanley 2 Way Adjustable Folding Sawhorse Robert11 Home Repair 0 February 17th 05 02:07 PM
Folding sheet metal DoN. Nichols Metalworking 1 January 24th 05 11:22 AM