Posted to rec.woodworking

Default So in other news... Festool...

So the Festool road show truck and trailer showed up at our local
Woodcraft yesterday. Swingman and I showed up to check out the stuff.
The Festool truck and trailer was cool, the trailer folded out to become
a 500 sq ft workshop that was covered and had about 6 work stations
where you could do the touch tryout thing.

Upon approaching the set up you registered on a little tablet and were
immediately given a bag with a catalog, Festool T-shirt, Koozie and a
Festool cap or Festool battery. I elected for the 15 volt 4.2 amp
battery. That was a $55 freebee. A bib or drool bucket would have been
nice. ;~)

Anyway just about all the current and new-to-come-out tools were on
display, including the new portable VAC and the job site circular saw
with attached short track. Worth a look if one is coming to a store
near you.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 30 Apr 2016 17:06:28 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

So the Festool road show truck and trailer showed up at our local
Woodcraft yesterday. Swingman and I showed up to check out the stuff.
The Festool truck and trailer was cool, the trailer folded out to become
a 500 sq ft workshop that was covered and had about 6 work stations
where you could do the touch tryout thing.

Upon approaching the set up you registered on a little tablet and were
immediately given a bag with a catalog, Festool T-shirt, Koozie and a
Festool cap or Festool battery. I elected for the 15 volt 4.2 amp
battery. That was a $55 freebee. A bib or drool bucket would have been
nice. ;~)

Anyway just about all the current and new-to-come-out tools were on
display, including the new portable VAC and the job site circular saw
with attached short track. Worth a look if one is coming to a store
near you.

I missed them, here, a few weeks ago. Something about a vacation and
granddaughter's first birthday. SWMBO wasn't impressed when I pointed
out the f-bomb tool road show. ;-)

I notice that their vacs are on sale (15%) for the next two months. I
wonder if one can double up on discounts with the purchase of a tool
(not that I need anything - but that's no impediment).

--Keith
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/30/2016 5:44 PM, krw wrote:
On Sat, 30 Apr 2016 17:06:28 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

[snip]

I missed them, here, a few weeks ago. Something about a vacation and
granddaughter's first birthday. SWMBO wasn't impressed when I pointed
out the f-bomb tool road show. ;-)

I notice that their vacs are on sale (15%) for the next two months. I
wonder if one can double up on discounts with the purchase of a tool
(not that I need anything - but that's no impediment).

^^^^

Okay, now, pay attention. If you use the word need again you're out of
the club! We buy what we WANT! g

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 30 Apr 2016 18:18:37 -0500, Unquestionably Confused
wrote:

On 4/30/2016 5:44 PM, krw wrote:
On Sat, 30 Apr 2016 17:06:28 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

[snip]

I missed them, here, a few weeks ago. Something about a vacation and
granddaughter's first birthday. SWMBO wasn't impressed when I pointed
out the f-bomb tool road show. ;-)

I notice that their vacs are on sale (15%) for the next two months. I
wonder if one can double up on discounts with the purchase of a tool
(not that I need anything - but that's no impediment).

^^^^

Okay, now, pay attention. If you use the word need again you're out of
the club! We buy what we WANT! g

Sorreee! I won't do it again! (Actually there isn't much that I want
- maybe the OF1010, though it doesn't take 1/2" bits).
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Saturday, April 30, 2016 at 6:06:40 PM UTC-4, Leon wrote:
So the Festool road show truck and trailer showed up at our local
Woodcraft yesterday. Swingman and I showed up to check out the stuff.
The Festool truck and trailer was cool, the trailer folded out to become
a 500 sq ft workshop that was covered and had about 6 work stations
where you could do the touch tryout thing.

Upon approaching the set up you registered on a little tablet and were
immediately given a bag with a catalog, Festool T-shirt, Koozie and a
Festool cap or Festool battery. I elected for the 15 volt 4.2 amp
battery. That was a $55 freebee. A bib or drool bucket would have been
nice. ;~)

Anyway just about all the current and new-to-come-out tools were on
display, including the new portable VAC and the job site circular saw
with attached short track. Worth a look if one is coming to a store
near you.

Seems like anyone north of America's equator either missed it earlier this year,
will have to wait until after June and isn't on the Road Show schedule at all.

Do you know which one is the case?

http://www.festoolusa.com/roadshow/

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in message
So the Festool road show truck and trailer showed up at our local
Woodcraft yesterday. Swingman and I showed up to check out the stuff.
The Festool truck and trailer was cool, the trailer folded out to become a
500 sq ft workshop that was covered and had about 6 work stations where
you could do the touch tryout thing.

Upon approaching the set up you registered on a little tablet and were
immediately given a bag with a catalog, Festool T-shirt, Koozie and a
Festool cap or Festool battery. I elected for the 15 volt 4.2 amp
battery. That was a $55 freebee. A bib or drool bucket would have been
nice. ;~)

Anyway just about all the current and new-to-come-out tools were on
display, including the new portable VAC and the job site circular saw with
attached short track. Worth a look if one is coming to a store near you.

Leon was obviously having a bad day. He did not buy anything. ;-)

Posted to rec.woodworking

Lee Michaels leemichaels*nadaspam* at comcast dot net wrote:

[...]

LOL well I did but a pack of screws. Swingman bought some Granat paper.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/2/2016 8:18 AM, Lee Michaels wrote:

Festool was obviously having a bad day. Leon did not buy anything. ;-)

fify ...

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/2/2016 8:54 AM, Leon wrote:

Swingman bought some Granat paper.

More or less to learn how to pronounce it ..

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
https://www.google.com/+eWoodShop
http://www.custommade.com/by/ewoodshop/
https://www.facebook.com/eWoodShop-206166666122228
KarlCaillouet@ (the obvious)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/2/2016 1:52 PM, Swingman wrote:
On 5/2/2016 8:54 AM, Leon wrote:

Swingman bought some Granat paper.

More or less to learn how to pronounce it ..

Gra-nault LOL