Posted to rec.woodworking

Default DustCutterMS Procust Tester!

Apparently, I've been picked to be an official product tester for the
DustCutterMS.
I found this device when it was the Keen Dust Chuter when I was looking
for better CMS dust collection for on-site molding jobs.

I couldn't buy one because the original company (inventor) was bought by
Milescraft and they were still developing it for their brand. I begged
them to let me buy a prototype but they said they couldn't do that.
Next thing you know I get an email asking me to be a tester for the new
product.

http://www.milescraft.com/products/dust-collection-systems/dust-collection-(keen-products)/1502-dustchuter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oi-cnRNx2Hk

I'm excited to try this out because it looks the be the best solution to
CMS dust collection, especially in the field. Oh, and I get it for
free! :-)

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

I don't know what the hell a "procust" is, but that was supposed to be
"product."

:-)

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tuesday, March 29, 2016 at 2:32:13 PM UTC-4, -MIKE- wrote:
[...]

I'll be curious to hear your review. All those bungee cords, straps and
adapters worry me. I'll be interested to hear how easy they are to attach,
if they can be kept clear of every kind of cut without needing to be
repositioned, and if they are secure enough not to pop off and scare
the crap out the user in the middle of a cut.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 29 Mar 2016 13:48:27 -0500, -MIKE-
wrote:

I don't know what the hell a "procust" is, but that was supposed to be
"product."

:-)

It is short for professional customer such as yourself, your fingers
just knew it, though you did not.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"-MIKE-" wrote in message
[...]

Which shows that enough begging and groveling can get results!

My concern would be any kind of velcro around sawdust. I have seen velcro
get so clogged up it was useless.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tuesday, March 29, 2016 at 2:07:50 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:

I'll be interested to hear how easy they are to attach,
if they can be kept clear of every kind of cut without needing to be
repositioned, and if they are secure enough not to pop off and scare
the crap out the user in the middle of a cut.

..... Pop off and get hung up in the spinning blade.

Any rubberized/bungee cords would need to be inspected often, to make sure they aren't deteriorating, and break in the middle of a cut.

Looks promising, though. Worth a try.

Sonny

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/29/2016 2:48 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
I don't know what the hell a "procust" is, but that was supposed to be
"product."

:-)

Now you tell me. On your recommendation I just ordered a Procust from
Amazon. Will be here Thursday.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 29 Mar 2016 13:32:09 -0500, -MIKE-
wrote:

[...]

Interesting. Let us know how it works out. I have the saw pictured
(I think) and it makes a real mess. I'd gladly pay the $20 if it
works.

Posted to rec.woodworking

My concern would be any kind of velcro around sawdust. I have seen velcro
get so clogged up it was useless.

Hmmm.... good catch. I had forgotten that years ago I bought a "universal dust bag" for my tools because the dust ports were different sizes and not all tools came with their own bag.

The "universal" had velcro keepers on it and the bag was useless after a couple of long uses because the velcro clogged. I never could get the fine particles and dust out of the velcro to get it to catch as designed.

I will be really interested to see how that affects this new gizmo.

Robert

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/29/2016 1:32 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

I'm excited to try this out because it looks the be the best solution to
CMS dust collection, especially in the field. Oh, and I get it for
free! :-)

Looking forward to hearing your experience.

Now, when you get it going, consider another hangout to show it off,
with a beer toast to boot.

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/30/16 10:41 AM, Swingman wrote:
On 3/29/2016 1:32 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

I'm excited to try this out because it looks the be the best solution to
CMS dust collection, especially in the field. Oh, and I get it for
free! :-)

Looking forward to hearing your experience.

Now, when you get it going, consider another hangout to show it off,
with a beer toast to boot.

Best idea I've heard all year!

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/29/2016 1:32 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

I'm excited to try this out because it looks the be the best solution to
CMS dust collection, especially in the field. Oh, and I get it for
free! :-)

Looking forward to hearing your experience.

Now, when you get it going, consider another hangout to show it off,
with a beer toast to boot.

Best idea I've heard all year!

Address is the same.
What kind of beer you sending this time? LOL

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
https://www.google.com/+eWoodShop
http://www.custommade.com/by/ewoodshop/
https://www.facebook.com/eWoodShop-206166666122228
KarlCaillouet@ (the obvious)
Posted to rec.woodworking

replying to -MIKE-, Alex wrote:
Hi I want one are they available yet? Did you try it? Thanks

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/woodwor...er-795805-.htm

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 21 Nov 2016 13:14:01 +0000, Alex
m wrote:

replying to -MIKE-, Alex wrote:
Hi I want one are they available yet? Did you try it? Thanks

No, I didn't try it yet. You didn't send the check!

PAT tester [email protected] UK diy 4 May 5th 14 10:54 PM
Battery Tester The Medway Handyman[_2_] UK diy 25 August 16th 10 07:06 PM
Tester calibration Ben Blaukopf UK diy 2 January 7th 07 10:14 PM
IC tester??? Russ Electronics Repair 2 March 25th 05 03:48 AM
Which PAT tester ? nick smith UK diy 3 February 11th 04 05:59 PM