Posted to rec.woodworking

Default lady made a nice woodshop

http://www.lenasherbakov.com/craft/w...amed-woodshop/

nice live space above

have never seen a carabiner wear down that much

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 12 Mar 2016 12:39:03 -0800, Electric Comet wrote:

http://www.lenasherbakov.com/craft/w...amed-woodshop/

nice live space above

have never seen a carabiner wear down that much

She did build a really nice place!
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Saturday, March 12, 2016 at 2:39:06 PM UTC-6, Electric Comet wrote:
http://www.lenasherbakov.com/craft/w...amed-woodshop/

Little odd. Timber frame construction. Using electric tools (pictures show tools) and some hand tools. Sticky roof underlayment (Shark Skin). Metal roof. Dug the footings by hand. Quite a mental mix up in this job. Timber frame with pegs. Old time traditional. Digging by hand. Old time. Power tools. Modern. Roof underlayment. Advanced modern big time. Million dollar homes probably don't use it. Metal roof. Barns have had metal roofs for decades now. I would have thought if you were going to build a timber frame barn and dig the footings by hand and build a little railroad to transport the materials to the site. You would have not used electric tools and not used sticky roof underlayment and not used metal roofing. Either all old time traditional or all modern. Not mixing them.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/14/2016 11:00 AM, wrote:
On Saturday, March 12, 2016 at 2:39:06 PM UTC-6, Electric Comet wrote:
http://www.lenasherbakov.com/craft/w...amed-woodshop/

Little odd. . Either all old time traditional or all modern. Not mixing them.

Why not?

You have the style of old time but the durability of modern. They still
build new houses and call th em "colonial style" but are very modern
inside.

If I was building today and wanted the older style, I'd still want the
longest lasting roof material I could find. I'd even put a flush toilet
in it.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 14 Mar 2016 08:00:30 -0700 (PDT)
" wrote:

Little odd. Timber frame construction. Using electric tools

site access most likely limited

it has electric lights too and maybe other electric apparatus like
a table saw or drill press

time constraints are always a factor now so doing modern things
makes sense and will last longer

digging by hand could be due to site access and for other reasons
as well but most likely site access issues

she ends up with a nice shop with storage and a live space and how
she got there is minor

she probably was not concerned that it was authentic museum project

in japan they rebuild their ancient shrines every 20 years but she
probably did not want to have to do that so select modern materials

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 14 Mar 2016 11:45:30 -0400
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

If I was building today and wanted the older style, I'd still want
the longest lasting roof material I could find. I'd even put a flush
toilet in it.

actually the toilet and sewage is maybe a problem at that site

this would probably do http://ecojohn.com/ecojohn_sr.html

might need a gray water system too

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/14/2016 10:45 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 3/14/2016 11:00 AM, wrote:
On Saturday, March 12, 2016 at 2:39:06 PM UTC-6, Electric Comet wrote:
http://www.lenasherbakov.com/craft/w...amed-woodshop/

Little odd. . Either all old time traditional or all modern.
Not mixing them.

Why not?

You have the style of old time but the durability of modern. They still
build new houses and call th em "colonial style" but are very modern
inside.

If I was building today and wanted the older style, I'd still want the
longest lasting roof material I could find. I'd even put a flush toilet
in it.

+1

Olde tyme looks, 21st century technology beneath the surface!

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 13 Mar 2016 11:59:44 -0500
Gordon Shumway wrote:

She did build a really nice place!

i looked and did not see the final pictures but i imagine it has
been completed and is in use by now

Posted to rec.woodworking

Gordon Shumway wrote:

She did build a really nice place!

i looked and did not see the final pictures but i imagine it has
been completed and is in use by now

She's got mad skilz
http://www.lenasherbakov.com/craft/w...t-in-progress/
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/13/2016 11:59 AM, Gordon Shumway wrote:

She did build a really nice place!

Agree ... she has more than her share of that single quality for which I
have the utmost respect: self reliance.

Did my share of 'make things happen', with little help, when I was
younger ... just looking at her photos makes me yearn for those days,
and want to go back and do it all over again, only more.

She has my utmost respect ... one helluva female.

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net

Junior Member

Everything made with timber frame looks fascinating. timber wood construction add a classy look to the property. It is a good heat insulating material that keeps the roof warm during winter. Moreover, It's eco-friendly.