Posted to rec.woodworking

Default What is DeWalt/B&D radial arm saw worth?

On Saturday, July 12, 1997 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Jim Baumann wrote:
I am trying out a radial arm saw that a co-worker wants to sell. It is a
DeWalt/Black & Decker model 7740/3421(says "Black and Decker" on the arm and
"DeWalt on the blade guard). The saw is at least 15 years old and shows
moderate use and wear (I replaced the motor bearings ($10) because they were
noisy), but it seems to be very solid and accurate. It comes with a very
sturdy open base but no other accessaries.

Can anyone give me an estimate on the value of this saw? His preliminary
asking price was $400, but that seemed kind of high for a saw of this age.

TIA

Jim Baumann

I just bought a 740 in great shape for $75
Posted to rec.woodworking

I have a hand-me-down DeWalt 7730 for sale in the Washington, DC Area. If anyone is interested, please DM me.