Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Karl, Leon, others: Advice for hanging cabinets wanted.

Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in
:

On 12/13/2015 5:24 PM, wrote:
On Saturday, December 12, 2015 at 4:25:59 PM UTC-6, Leon wrote:
.
Too rich for my blood. ;~) And you gotta know what you are doing.

Seriously, you have no idea how many "on site" sketches I have made
over the last 35 years. I carry a notebook with me at all times so I
can detail out all the details on my jobs as needed.

Flashing details on roofs, framing details on remodels, installation
details for the million little parts and pieces that make up a job,
and even sketches I have my clients sign that detail out measurements
and position details.

I usually have a Sharpie, a framing pencil and a couple of pens with
me. My guys make fun of me for "drawing them pictures" but the
always fold them up and put them in their pocket. It certainly isn't
unusual to go to one of my remodels and see a piece of quadrille
paper tacked/taped to the wall that has something completely detailed
out down to the measurements. I also sketch on walls, pieces of
plywood, etc.

It sure does cut down on misunderstandings.

Robert

No doubt! I recall using sketches, on notebook paper. ;~)

I did the notebook paper too, until a few years ago when I asked for
graph paper notebooks. Makes it a little easier to draw something and at
least get the proportions good enough.

A 6" flexible rule is handy as well. Just something that'll stay with
the notebook and make drawing straight lines easy.

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.
Posted to rec.woodworking

In article m,
Puckdropper says...

On 12/13/2015 5:24 PM, wrote:
[...]

And makes a nice bookmark.

HVLP: What Tips to Use for Shellac? Karl, Leon? -MIKE- Woodworking 34 March 27th 17 12:46 AM
Lew's Drill Bit Post - Speaking of Drill Bits and PossibleHeads-Up For Karl & Leon Sonny Woodworking 21 March 21st 15 10:53 AM
Leon's Cabinets - Plus Sonny Woodworking 16 March 20th 14 05:59 PM
Ping Karl, Leon Sonny Woodworking 1 February 17th 12 01:06 AM
Hanging kitchen cabinets desgnr Home Repair 4 October 11th 07 05:51 PM