Posted to rec.woodworking

Default research is a good thing

On Friday, November 6, 2015 at 12:14:28 PM UTC-5, Electric Comet wrote:
On Thu, 5 Nov 2015 21:05:49 +0000 (UTC)
wrote:

been looking at at books in a local library branch

libraries are good and i am glad they are still around
internet is good too for finding information on drilling holes

but the best thing is to get some scraps and find your drilling mojo
after a while you will start to get the feel for it

The last time I used a drill in a library they asked me to leave.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 6 Nov 2015 10:12:27 -0800 (PST)
DerbyDad03 wrote:

The last time I used a drill in a library they asked me to leave.

maybe you chose to drill for the wrong thing
they encourage drilling for knowledge and information

but no drilling wood
you missed the sign

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 06 Nov 2015 22:22:34 GMT
Puckdropper puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote:

You shouldn't have been using one of those cheap Black & Decker
grinder drills. You needed to bring a good quality drill, so that it
won't disturb other patrons! Sometimes those Panasonics purr like a
tribble, and who can resist that?

are the panasonics really that quiet
no idea that panasonic made tools

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/9/2015 5:32 PM, Electric Comet wrote:
On 06 Nov 2015 22:22:34 GMT
Puckdropper puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote:

You shouldn't have been using one of those cheap Black & Decker
grinder drills. You needed to bring a good quality drill, so that it
won't disturb other patrons! Sometimes those Panasonics purr like a
tribble, and who can resist that?

are the panasonics really that quiet

Not really, but then no cordless drill is that loud unless the clutch
engages. Then the Festool wins, the clutch is electronic and it simply
sounds a tone and stops drilling when the clutch setting has been reached.

no idea that panasonic made tools

I bought my first Panasonic drill in 1990, IIRC They are top notch drills.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Electric Comet wrote in news:n1raaq$gju$6
@dont-email.me:

On 06 Nov 2015 22:22:34 GMT
Puckdropper puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote:

You shouldn't have been using one of those cheap Black & Decker
grinder drills. You needed to bring a good quality drill, so that it
won't disturb other patrons! Sometimes those Panasonics purr like a
tribble, and who can resist that?

are the panasonics really that quiet
no idea that panasonic made tools

I never said they were quiet, I said they sometimes purr like a Tribble.
It's too bad they don't reproduce like, uh wait... forget that thought.

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 9 Nov 2015 15:32:50 -0800, Electric Comet
wrote:

On 06 Nov 2015 22:22:34 GMT
Puckdropper puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote:

You shouldn't have been using one of those cheap Black & Decker
grinder drills. You needed to bring a good quality drill, so that it
won't disturb other patrons! Sometimes those Panasonics purr like a
tribble, and who can resist that?

are the panasonics really that quiet
no idea that panasonic made tools

I'm not surprised that you haven't heard of them. They're in the
Festool class. ;-)

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

On 06 Nov 2015 22:22:34 GMT
Puckdropper puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote:

You shouldn't have been using one of those cheap Black & Decker
grinder drills. You needed to bring a good quality drill, so that it
won't disturb other patrons! Sometimes those Panasonics purr like a
tribble, and who can resist that?

are the panasonics really that quiet
no idea that panasonic made tools

I'm not surprised that you haven't heard of them. They're in the
Festool class. ;-)

Give him a day or two. He'll be an expert on all things Panasonic.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 9 Nov 2015 17:40:02 -0600
Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

I bought my first Panasonic drill in 1990, IIRC They are top notch
drills.

top notch from you means near festool but not better

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10 Nov 2015 01:24:35 GMT
Puckdropper puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote:

I never said they were quiet, I said they sometimes purr like a
Tribble. It's too bad they don't reproduce like, uh wait... forget
that thought.

not that long ago i watched that episode
it is a classic

it is interesting how many people know what a tribble is

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 09 Nov 2015 21:24:09 -0500
krw wrote:

I'm not surprised that you haven't heard of them. They're in the
Festool class. ;-)

more likely just because i do not spend much time talking about tools or
researching them

i like using tools though

Posted to rec.woodworking

Electric Comet wrote:
On Mon, 9 Nov 2015 17:40:02 -0600
Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

I bought my first Panasonic drill in 1990, IIRC They are top notch
drills.

top notch from you means near festool but not better

I would say absolutely equal in quality, especially back then.
But Festool is absolutely more useful with the extra features.