Posted to rec.woodworking

Default will we see a glut of tropical hardwood soon

china is to begin on the canal through nicaragua in nov/dec
in doing so they will clear 400,000 hectares of different types of land
forest
wetlands
etc.

that means a lot of tropical hardwood will be coming available

the company building the canal has claimed the timber but i wonder if it
will all go back to china first or will they ship all over from there

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 29 Sep 2015 11:57:19 -0700, Electric Comet
wrote:

china is to begin on the canal through nicaragua in nov/dec
in doing so they will clear 400,000 hectares of different types of land
forest
wetlands
etc.

that means a lot of tropical hardwood will be coming available

the company building the canal has claimed the timber but i wonder if it
will all go back to china first or will they ship all over from there

When the plans were made, China counted on getting and processing all
of the wood. China NEVER sells raw materials when there is either a
shortage of them, or a chance to make more money by processing them.

With the upset in the Chinese econmy - anything is possible.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tuesday, September 29, 2015 at 2:57:23 PM UTC-4, Electric Comet wrote:
china is to begin on the canal through nicaragua in nov/dec
in doing so they will clear 400,000 hectares of different types of land
forest
wetlands
etc.

that means a lot of tropical hardwood will be coming available

the company building the canal has claimed the timber but i wonder if it
will all go back to china first or will they ship all over from there

So Costa Rica will now be an island...
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/29/2015 5:52 PM, Jim wrote:

So Costa Rica will now be an island...

That's what they want. One of my sisters and her husband retired there
recently.

One thing about Costa Rica, their border is closed and you must have a
provable source of income to move there, no exceptions.

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 29 Sep 2015 15:52:06 -0700 (PDT)
Jim wrote:

So Costa Rica will now be an island...

and lake nicaragua will be pretty much destroyed by invasive species

cannot be good for the region to have such a large body of fresh water
to be destroyed

be careful what you wish for i guess

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/1/2015 11:33 AM, Swingman wrote:
On 9/29/2015 5:52 PM, Jim wrote:

So Costa Rica will now be an island...

That's what they want. One of my sisters and her husband retired there
recently.

One thing about Costa Rica, their border is closed and you must have a
provable source of income to move there, no exceptions.

Too bad we don't do the same here.
All of it is exceptions here.

What no job, no problem.
No papers.. no problem.

BTW want medical , insurance, retirement, and a weekly stipend. No problemo.

--
Jeff
Posted to rec.woodworking

Swingman wrote:
On 9/29/2015 5:52 PM, Jim wrote:

So Costa Rica will now be an island...

That's what they want. One of my sisters and her husband retired there
recently.

One thing about Costa Rica, their border is closed and you must have a
provable source of income to move there, no exceptions.

Ditto many countries (provable income). The US is an exception of course.
To both.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Jim wrote:

So Costa Rica will now be an island...

and lake nicaragua will be pretty much destroyed by invasive species

cannot be good for the region to have such a large body of fresh water
to be destroyed

It is already hooked to the Caribbean via Rio San Juan. That's why Lake
Nicaragua has sharks. Tarpon and sawfish too, probably others.

Posted to rec.woodworking

woodchucker wrote:
On 10/1/2015 11:33 AM, Swingman wrote:

That's what they want. One of my sisters and her husband retired
there recently.

One thing about Costa Rica, their border is closed and you must have
a provable source of income to move there, no exceptions.

Too bad we don't do the same here.
All of it is exceptions here.

What no job, no problem.
No papers.. no problem.

BTW want medical , insurance, retirement, and a weekly stipend. No
problemo.

And - now a free new iPhone too!

--

-Mike-