Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Progress on the Sewing Studio Cabinets

I finished the top 2 main carcasses of units. My wife and I painted the
top cabinets 2 days ago with SW Pro Classic Oil based enamel.

This morning we carried the 4 foot square top cabinets up the stairs and
made a hair pin curve at the top. I'm glad that turn worked out OK.

Anyway I have to now add the back bead board panels, build the upper
glass door frames and build the upper cabinets top trim. And then paint
all of that including the 16 adjustable shelves.

I think the hard part is behind me.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...n/photostream/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...n/photostream/
Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:
I finished the top 2 main carcasses of units. My wife and I painted
the top cabinets 2 days ago with SW Pro Classic Oil based enamel.

This morning we carried the 4 foot square top cabinets up the stairs
and made a hair pin curve at the top. I'm glad that turn worked out
OK.
Anyway I have to now add the back bead board panels, build the upper
glass door frames and build the upper cabinets top trim. And then
paint all of that including the 16 adjustable shelves.

I think the hard part is behind me.

There is no doubt in my mind that the panting is the hard part. In a few
minutes am going the spray the final. semi-gloss black enamel coat on to
the last face frames for the two vanities + tall cabinet that I have been
working on for our master bathroom.

I will be GLAD!! I'm here to tell you that semi-gloss black shows every
teeny flaw. I was carefull assembling the frames, little to no lippage;
sanded them baby butt smooth,looked awful (as per a previous post). Fixed
the "awful" with a coat of SW Wall & Wood primer, it really does sand
easily. Still needed some more work here and there, fixed with a glazing
putty I made with talc & shellac.

Next are mahogany doors and drawer fronts, I will be SOOOO glad to get pack
to clear finishes

Glad you made the tutn OK.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/22/2015 11:32 AM, dadiOH wrote:
Leon wrote:
I finished the top 2 main carcasses of units. My wife and I painted
the top cabinets 2 days ago with SW Pro Classic Oil based enamel.

This morning we carried the 4 foot square top cabinets up the stairs
and made a hair pin curve at the top. I'm glad that turn worked out
OK.
Anyway I have to now add the back bead board panels, build the upper
glass door frames and build the upper cabinets top trim. And then
paint all of that including the 16 adjustable shelves.

I think the hard part is behind me.

There is no doubt in my mind that the panting is the hard part. In a few
minutes am going the spray the final. semi-gloss black enamel coat on to
the last face frames for the two vanities + tall cabinet that I have been
working on for our master bathroom.

We are working with Simi-Gloss, and we used a brush and roller.
Specifically a 1"x4" high density foam roller.

I'm hoping that she will cover the flaws up. ;~)

If I had the set up I would probably spray.

I will be GLAD!! I'm here to tell you that semi-gloss black shows every
teeny flaw. I was carefull assembling the frames, little to no lippage;
sanded them baby butt smooth,looked awful (as per a previous post). Fixed
the "awful" with a coat of SW Wall & Wood primer, it really does sand
easily. Still needed some more work here and there, fixed with a glazing
putty I made with talc & shellac.

Next are mahogany doors and drawer fronts, I will be SOOOO glad to get pack
to clear finishes

Glad you made the tutn OK.

Sewing Desk Progress Leon[_7_] Woodworking 17 April 5th 14 01:50 PM
fl studio 7 cracks [email protected] Home Repair 0 April 18th 08 10:01 PM
Rosewood Studio William MacBain Woodworking 1 June 5th 07 07:00 PM
Ventilating the Studio! Adrian UK diy 6 May 1st 07 12:12 PM
New Studio Phrases charlie b Woodworking 36 January 3rd 07 01:45 AM