Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default the first power tool

i was doing some drilling with the drill press today and appreciated the fact
that i just applied downward force to drill a big hole with a forstner bit and the
motor did the rest

compared to an attempt with a brace and bit recently i am very aware that
a drill press is good

but it got me thinking about the succession of power tools in a historical
perspective

i figure the saw was the first one to get some power behind it with those
big lumber mills saws

but what was next
i think power drills must have been the next one

power in this sense is not animal powered