Posted to rec.woodworking

Default how much for a hand plane

how much would you pay for this

not how much you think i should pay for it

http://i.imgur.com/8pOwXxj.png

Posted to rec.woodworking

Electric Comet wrote:
how much would you pay for this

not how much you think i should pay for it

http://i.imgur.com/8pOwXxj.png

$0.00

--
GW Ross

Join the army, meet interesting
people, and kill them.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/10/2015 7:25 PM, Electric Comet wrote:
how much would you pay for this

not how much you think i should pay for it

http://i.imgur.com/8pOwXxj.png

$10 if I really wanted it and it wasn't any worse looking upon close
examination.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Electric Comet wrote:
how much would you pay for this

not how much you think i should pay for it

http://i.imgur.com/8pOwXxj.png

why bother starting another of your endless and pointless threads? Just pay
what you want and be happy.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/10/2015 8:25 PM, Electric Comet wrote:
how much would you pay for this

not how much you think i should pay for it

http://i.imgur.com/8pOwXxj.png

No more than $7 more like $5

--
Jeff

Posted to rec.woodworking

Electric Comet wrote in news:mqbffl$4po$1
@dont-email.me:

how much would you pay for this

not how much you think i should pay for it

http://i.imgur.com/8pOwXxj.png

Based upon the picture, it looks like a standard #4 plane. Nothing
special. I'd probably pay $5 or $10 for it.

My personal theory is that a plane that looks nice will probably need as
much work as a plane that looks old, so I won't pay any extra because the
paint is in good condition.

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Electric Comet wrote in news:mqbffl$4po$1
@dont-email.me:

how much would you pay for this

not how much you think i should pay for it

http://i.imgur.com/8pOwXxj.png

$5, maybe, if I desperately needed it for something.

The red painted frog, the tinny adjuster knob, and the Craftsman
label suggest it's a fairly recent vintage, lower quality plane.
If so, older and better quality planes can be had for decent
prices with a little searching. (OTOH, some Sears planes were
made by Millers Falls and are considered good quality...can't
really tell by just one picture).

John
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 11 Aug 2015 14:55:01 +0000 (UTC)
John McCoy wrote:

$5, maybe, if I desperately needed it for something.

i think it makes a decent starter plane as a gift for someone just learning
about woodwork

The red painted frog, the tinny adjuster knob, and the Craftsman
label suggest it's a fairly recent vintage, lower quality plane.
If so, older and better quality planes can be had for decent
prices with a little searching. (OTOH, some Sears planes were
made by Millers Falls and are considered good quality...can't
really tell by just one picture).

did not know that millers falls were good or not
i think i have one laying around somewhere

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11 Aug 2015 04:40:01 GMT
Puckdropper puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote:

Based upon the picture, it looks like a standard #4 plane. Nothing
special. I'd probably pay $5 or $10 for it.

a good starter for a potential woodworker

My personal theory is that a plane that looks nice will probably need
as much work as a plane that looks old, so I won't pay any extra
because the paint is in good condition.

i bought one in the looks fine category recently and one in the
could-not-tell-because-of-bad-photos category

they both turned out to be fine but the bad one has a thick layer of
rust

funny thing is i think the rust did a favor to the face of the plane
once i got the rust off it was nice and smooth

Angle of Sharpening Plane on hand plane jloomis[_2_] Woodworking Plans and Photos 6 February 26th 12 07:55 PM
How to set up a hand plane Neillarson Woodworking 19 March 20th 07 06:28 PM
hand plane: sal Woodworking 4 January 28th 07 03:42 AM
Should I try it with a hand plane? Billy Smith Woodworking 37 November 25th 04 01:03 AM
Reconditioning hand plane Michael Daly Woodworking 12 October 22nd 03 08:43 PM