Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Install bandsaw tire

This video popped up as an ad while I was on a news web site. Thought it
might be useful for folks... might not!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=132&v=GcJAQ9Y5YGY

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 3 Aug 2015 10:04:36 -0400
"John Grossbohlin" wrote:

This video popped up as an ad while I was on a news web site. Thought
it might be useful for folks... might not!

the tires on my bandsaw can be replaced while still on the saw
they just aren't as stout as those tires

those look like the 80000 mile tire

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/3/2015 4:01 PM, Electric Comet wrote:
On Mon, 3 Aug 2015 10:04:36 -0400
"John Grossbohlin" wrote:

This video popped up as an ad while I was on a news web site. Thought
it might be useful for folks... might not!

the tires on my bandsaw can be replaced while still on the saw
they just aren't as stout as those tires

those look like the 80000 mile tire

And the rubber on the HD series Laguna are long strips of rubber, not a
circular piece.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 3 Aug 2015 17:52:41 -0500
Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

And the rubber on the HD series Laguna are long strips of rubber, not
a circular piece.

how do they attach then

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/3/2015 8:07 PM, Electric Comet wrote:
On Mon, 3 Aug 2015 17:52:41 -0500
Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

And the rubber on the HD series Laguna are long strips of rubber, not
a circular piece.

how do they attach then

Glue. When I inquired about replacement they indicated that the rubber
tires last a very long time and it would probably be best to sent the
wheels to Laguna or a local shop that services BS wheels.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 4 Aug 2015 09:26:27 -0500
Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

Glue. When I inquired about replacement they indicated that the
rubber tires last a very long time and it would probably be best to
sent the wheels to Laguna or a local shop that services BS wheels.

i would think if the saw is true and adjusted properly it would last a long time

but probably a video somewhere showing how to do it

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/4/15 10:49 AM, Electric Comet wrote:
On Tue, 4 Aug 2015 09:26:27 -0500 Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

Glue. When I inquired about replacement they indicated that the
rubber tires last a very long time and it would probably be best
to sent the wheels to Laguna or a local shop that services BS
wheels.

i would think if the saw is true and adjusted properly it would last
a long time

but probably a video somewhere showing how to do it

There are videos on youtube showing it.
It's not as difficult as you might think.
I forget where I got my new tires but they had instructions to put the
tires in very hot water for a few minutes. That helped them stretch to
make it easier to get them on the wheel. When they cool off they
tighten up on the wheel.

Mine have no glue. The wheel has a "curbs" on the edges that hold the
tire in place. However, I would think spray adhesive or rubber cement
would work.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

The HD Laguna series uses a "cut to length" piece of rubber. Since it
is not stretched it tends to not have high and low spots.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

Interesting. So they definitely must glue it on.
What about stretching gives high and low spots?

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

If the stretch to fit round tire is not evenly stretched certain areas
will be stretched more than others. Those will end up as thin/low
spots. Ideally that will work itself out "if" the tire can equalize
around the wheel. BUT there are often problems with vibration after
stretching to fit a new tire if the tire is not evenly stretched around
the wheel.