Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Bandsaw tire cleaner

I stumbled across this web page from a guy that made a tire cleaner from a
toothbrush head. The unique part was the mounting. His bandsaw is the same
as mine, a Grizzly 555 (looking at the photos anyway) so I am going to try
this. I am sharing this with the group in case the idea can work in your
case.

http://lumberjocks.com/projects/19465

His concerns about the Rocker tire cleaner are the same as I read on their
website. Of course, I welcome other ideas too. Namely, do you think the
bristles on a toothbrush will have enough strength to clean the tire?

Dick

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Dick Snyder" wrote in message
I stumbled across this web page from a guy that made a tire cleaner from a
toothbrush head. The unique part was the mounting. His bandsaw is the same
as mine, a Grizzly 555 (looking at the photos anyway) so I am going to try
this. I am sharing this with the group in case the idea can work in your
case.

http://lumberjocks.com/projects/19465

His concerns about the Rocker tire cleaner are the same as I read on their
website. Of course, I welcome other ideas too. Namely, do you think the
bristles on a toothbrush will have enough strength to clean the tire?

Dick

Peronally I think the only purpose of the brush is to keep off excess
debris. A little manual sandingr will clean the tire if necessary.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Joe is offline

"Dick Snyder" wrote in message
I stumbled across this web page from a guy that made a tire cleaner from a
toothbrush head. The unique part was the mounting. His bandsaw is the same
as mine, a Grizzly 555 (looking at the photos anyway) so I am going to try
this. I am sharing this with the group in case the idea can work in your
case.

http://lumberjocks.com/projects/19465

His concerns about the Rocker tire cleaner are the same as I read on their
website. Of course, I welcome other ideas too. Namely, do you think the
bristles on a toothbrush will have enough strength to clean the tire?

Dick

I think if you start with a clean tire, it should keep the chunky stuff off.
At the very least, it can't hurt.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 6 Dec 2009 20:35:29 -0500, "Dick Snyder"
wrote:

His concerns about the Rocker tire cleaner are the same as I read on their
website. Of course, I welcome other ideas too. Namely, do you think the
bristles on a toothbrush will have enough strength to clean the tire?

The version I saw did the same thing without the bracket. Use a flat
handle toothbrush and heat the handle up to bend the L in it. Drill a
hole and off you go.

Mike O.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

His concerns about the Rocker tire cleaner are the same as I read on their
website. Of course, I welcome other ideas too. Namely, do you think the
bristles on a toothbrush will have enough strength to clean the tire?

The version I saw did the same thing without the bracket. Use a flat
handle toothbrush and heat the handle up to bend the L in it. Drill a
hole and off you go.

Mike O.

Good idea. I will go this way if the other way doesn't work. I happen to
have some rare earth magnets and a small corner bracket so it is easy to try
that way first.

Dick