Posted to rec.woodworking

Default test.

Don't know if it's that quiet here, or I am not receiving posts for 2 days.

--
Jeff
Posted to rec.woodworking

Hello from Northern Calif.
john

"woodchucker" wrote in message

Don't know if it's that quiet here, or I am not receiving posts for 2 days.

--
Jeff

Posted to rec.woodworking

woodchucker wrote in
:

Don't know if it's that quiet here, or I am not receiving posts for 2
days.

I've been out in the shop. I have been working on getting my grandpa's old
block plane into easy-to-use shape. It takes a while to get a new-to-me
iron sharp with the Worksharp. I've been debating adding a 220 grit step
before going to the 400, as it feels like I'm still doing quite a bit of
rough material removal after the 120 step is done.

I spotted another wooden plane that was waiting for me to gain some
experience. After installing the iron and setting it, I took some test
cuts on the edge then flipped the board to do some test cuts across the
face. First thing I did: Hit a staple. Serves me right for leaving them
in the test board.

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"woodchucker" wrote in message

Don't know if it's that quiet here, or I am not receiving posts for 2 days.

Quiet on the woodworking front... I've been messing around with my latest
bicycle acquisition. A 1963 Schwinn Racer 3 speed. A complete overhaul of
crank, headset and front wheel bearings, lube the rear hub and clean and
adjust, true the wheels, polish the chrome and clean 53 years of dirt off
it. Rode it about 25 miles over the course of two rides and love it! Nice
simple bike that doesn't require me to suit up with cleated shoes, riding
shorts, riding gloves, etc. Just plain fun!

John

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Monday, June 29, 2015 at 8:04:47 PM UTC-5, woodchucker wrote:
Don't know if it's that quiet here, or I am not receiving posts for 2 days.

--
Jeff

Late evenings, I've been working on the walnut trestle table top. Last night and tonight was drilling/chiseling mortises for loose tenons, to mate the boards. Another week or two(?) to get everything just right, then hope there's no rain in the forecast for spraying. I spray outdoors.

I finished the gun cabinet, but haven't been back to the camp to assemble it and take pics. I might go Wednesday to do that, and I have a cache of scrap lumber, for camp fires, to deliver.

Next camp project will be a coat rack. Should be an easy/easier project, than the others. Bought 18 replica-antique cast iron fleur de lis hooks. They look nice and they're larger than a typical hook. Jonas's 7 yr old should have a good time installing them. We'll coach his measuring and drilling pilot holes, for the screws. He likes to be involved.

Sonny

Posted to rec.woodworking

woodchucker wrote:
Don't know if it's that quiet here, or I am not receiving posts for 2 days.

I've been busy teaching Betsy to turn bowls. Since she is only 10
inches high, I thought a high stool and a set of small tools that she
can hold in her teeth. Anyone know a source for a canine face shield
size X-small? Don't say Harbor Fright. They didn't even take the
question seriously.

--
GW Ross

Feudalism: When its your Count that votes!

Posted to rec.woodworking

woodchucker wrote:

Don't know if it's that quiet here, or I am not receiving posts for 2
days.

Quiet. From my end, I've been occupied with family matters - FIL is coming
home from the hospital today, to die at home, after having been there for a
week and a half. That's had us preoccupied.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/30/2015 6:39 AM, Mike Marlow wrote:
woodchucker wrote:

Don't know if it's that quiet here, or I am not receiving posts for 2
days.

Quiet. From my end, I've been occupied with family matters - FIL is coming
home from the hospital today, to die at home, after having been there for a
week and a half. That's had us preoccupied.

Sorry to hear about that, and good luck... My dad was in 3 hospitals in
the last week of May and through the middle of June. The first two
visits were because of an inept memory care facility that he "lived" at,
and the third visit was because of health reasons neglected at the
second hospital....
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tuesday, June 30, 2015 at 7:33:14 AM UTC-4, G. Ross wrote:
woodchucker wrote:
Don't know if it's that quiet here, or I am not receiving posts for 2 days.

I've been busy teaching Betsy to turn bowls. Since she is only 10
inches high, I thought a high stool and a set of small tools that she
can hold in her teeth. Anyone know a source for a canine face shield
size X-small? Don't say Harbor Fright. They didn't even take the
question seriously.

--
GW Ross

Ah, the truest example of a bench dog!

Some face shield options...

http://www.bigddoghouse.com/images/1926J_DOG_GREEN.jpg

http://www.bassethoundtown.com/blog/...0/img_7233.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...f70e8c80a9.jpg
Posted to rec.woodworking

woodchucker wrote:
Don't know if it's that quiet here, or I am not receiving posts for 2 days.

I've been busy teaching Betsy to turn bowls. Since she is only 10
inches high, I thought a high stool and a set of small tools that she
can hold in her teeth. Anyone know a source for a canine face shield
size X-small? Don't say Harbor Fright. They didn't even take the
question seriously.

--
GW Ross

Ah, the truest example of a bench dog!

Some face shield options...

http://www.bigddoghouse.com/images/1926J_DOG_GREEN.jpg

http://www.bassethoundtown.com/blog/...0/img_7233.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...f70e8c80a9.jpg

Just what she needs. She is learning pretty fast. I have already
seen some of her work in local craft sales. Well, she didn't sign it,
but it looks like her work. My theory is that she is sneaking into
the shop at night and practicing her turning. Since she can't reach
the light switch she is turning in the dark! She is probably trading
the bowls to someone in exchange for Puperoni snacks and they are
selling the bowls.
That would account for the bowls not being up to her usual standards,
and also why she is tending to chubbiness.
Perhaps we should have named her Monica after all, even though she
doesn't have a blue dress.

--
GW Ross

Feudalism: When its your Count that votes!

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/29/2015 8:04 PM, woodchucker wrote:
Don't know if it's that quiet here, or I am not receiving posts for 2 days.

Been busy poking holes in other people's water pipes to post much the
past few months.

So, decided to hell with it, left Houston at 3:15 AM, just woke up from
a nap after after a 7 hour drive to Hot Springs, AR; and heading down to
the lake.

Lake is looking good, life likewise, and going fishing shortly.

All quiet, temporarily, on the woodworking front...

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
Posted to rec.woodworking

Swingman wrote in
:

Been busy poking holes in other people's water pipes to post much the
past few months.

*snip*

So you're the guy... I don't mind poking the holes in the water pipe so
much, but did you have to store all the water in the cloud? You're over
the limit, buddy, and it's been leaking everywhere!

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

AFCI test rig and test design Robert Green Home Repair 16 July 18th 13 08:12 AM
Test, Willie, Test Meat Plow[_6_] Electronics Repair 1 June 12th 11 05:21 AM
Test, sorry Ivan Vegvary Metalworking 1 July 23rd 08 08:04 PM
FWW Cabinet Saw Test [2/3] - "FWW Cabinet Saw Test.pdf.par2" yEnc (1/1) BobS Woodworking 1 August 25th 05 03:36 AM
FWW Cabinet Saw Test [1/3] - "FWW Cabinet Saw Test.pdf" yEnc (1/5) D Steck Woodworking 0 August 24th 05 11:52 PM