Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Ever heard of Baileigh Industrial tools?

Looking for more information on tilting table or tilting head mortisers, I went to YouTube to see
if there were any videos illustrating the use of the tilt feature (which I asked about in another
thread). I found a video by Baileigh Industrial showing their mortiser

http://wood.baileighindustrial.com/t...hine-mc-1000tt

which looks pretty interesting, and the price is in range -- but I've never heard of this company
before. Anybody here know anything about this outfit?
Posted to rec.woodworking

Doug Miller wrote:
Looking for more information on tilting table or tilting head mortisers,
I went to YouTube to see
if there were any videos illustrating the use of the tilt feature (which
I asked about in another
thread). I found a video by Baileigh Industrial showing their mortiser

http://wood.baileighindustrial.com/t...hine-mc-1000tt

which looks pretty interesting, and the price is in range -- but I've
never heard of this company
before. Anybody here know anything about this outfit?

Yes I have heard of them. They are relatively new to manufacturing
woodworking equipment. IIRC I read about them in Tools of the Trade as an
old tool manufacturing company that was getting into woodworking equipment.
Again IIRC they made a name for themselves manufacturing metal working
equipment many years ago.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:
Doug Miller wrote:
Looking for more information on tilting table or tilting head mortisers,
I went to YouTube to see
if there were any videos illustrating the use of the tilt feature (which
I asked about in another
thread). I found a video by Baileigh Industrial showing their mortiser

http://wood.baileighindustrial.com/t...hine-mc-1000tt

which looks pretty interesting, and the price is in range -- but I've
never heard of this company
before. Anybody here know anything about this outfit?

Yes I have heard of them. They are relatively new to manufacturing
woodworking equipment. IIRC I read about them in Tools of the Trade as an
old tool manufacturing company that was getting into woodworking equipment.
Again IIRC they made a name for themselves manufacturing metal working
equipment many years ago.

Actually, here is their metal working site.
http://metal.baileighindustrial.com

They originally made a name for themselves building industrial metal
working equipment starting in 1999.
When I was looking for a new saw, 2 years ago this Spring, I saw them and
they only had at that time 5-7 WW machines IIRC. They have apparently
expanded quickly in the WW area. It would be interesting to learn if they
actually build all of their WW equipment or not.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 22 Jan 2015 02:51:01 +0000 (UTC)
Doug Miller wrote:

which looks pretty interesting, and the price is in range -- but I've
never heard of this company before. Anybody here know anything about
this outfit?

Seems similar to steel-city. They design the products here but it's
all built somewhere else. Maybe they take it a step lower and design
& build somewhere else then sell/service here.