Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OK, So I Went to Harbor Freight...

And bought their 12" SCMS.

It's still in the box, so what am I in for with the saw. Most of the
comments over the last year, or so, have been pretty favorable
concerning this saw.

Joe
Posted to rec.woodworking

Just Another Joe wrote:
And bought their 12" SCMS.

It's still in the box, so what am I in for with the saw. Most of the
comments over the last year, or so, have been pretty favorable
concerning this saw.

Joe

I know someone who has it and likes it. Good luck!
Posted to rec.woodworking

I actually have a friend of mine that has one and uses it. The "slide" was kind of rough on it, so he took apart the slide rails, carriers, rollers, etc., and gave them a good cleaning. A light lube, reassembly, and he now has a pretty nice saw. Pretty accurate, too!

Robert
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 16 Jan 2015 06:42:14 -0500, Just Another Joe wrote:

And bought their 12" SCMS.

It's still in the box, so what am I in for with the saw. Most of the
comments over the last year, or so, have been pretty favorable
concerning this saw.

Joe

I've got one. All in all, a great buy for the money and a good saw
regardless of the money.

First thing you do is save the blade that came with it for rough stuff
and buy a good blade with lots of teeth. I bought the Freud Diablo
D12100X which has 100 teeth. Great blade.

Next you make a zero clearance insert and finally a zero clearance fence.

Now you're in business.

Check to make sure all the angles are correct - mine were out of the box
but I may have just been lucky.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 16 Jan 2015 08:50:56 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

I actually have a friend of mine that has one and uses it. The "slide" was kind of rough on it, so he took apart the slide rails, carriers, rollers, etc., and gave them a good cleaning. A light lube, reassembly, and he now has a pretty nice saw. Pretty accurate, too!

Robert

Another "partially assembled kit" that can be made into a (half)
decent tool.

Harbor Freight mike[_7_] UK diy 13 September 19th 14 12:53 AM
New Saw from Harbor Freight justme[_2_] Metalworking 24 May 21st 11 04:19 AM
Harbor Freight Jim in Milwaukee Woodworking 4 October 20th 10 02:35 PM
Off to Harbor Freight [email protected] Woodworking 19 April 4th 09 10:17 PM
Harbor Freight DMM Jim Yanik Home Repair 5 June 5th 06 03:09 PM