Posted to rec.woodworking

Default ryobi bench grinder color

The ryobi reps just put out the latest 6" grinder when I was at the
store.
The color is not my favorite. A bright lime green or the like.
The led light is nice. I think the price was $30-40 but maybe add $4-5
for a can of spray paint.

I only noticed since I had just walked down the aisle minutes before
and the dark blue grinder was displayed.

If you do do self checkout and buy spray paint the system sets off
alarms to show an id. If there's no one there though
I just continued checkout and no problems.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 14 Jan 2015 08:22:56 -0800
Electric Comet wrote:

The color is not my favorite. A bright lime green or the like.

Laughing at my own self
I didn't know that color was their signature color.
I realized it when I looked at their site today.

The plastic case that the forstner bits is clear and that green.
I think I got a good deal on these bits for $17.

If I had brain cells I would have negotiated with the reps on
buying the previous dark blu grinder at a greatly reduced price.
Wonder where they sell those

Posted to rec.woodworking

Electric Comet wrote:

The color is not my favorite. A bright lime green or the like.

Laughing at my own self
I didn't know that color was their signature color.
I realized it when I looked at their site today.

The plastic case that the forstner bits is clear and that green.
I think I got a good deal on these bits for $17.

If I had brain cells I would have negotiated with the reps on
buying the previous dark blu grinder at a greatly reduced price.
Wonder where they sell those

Ryobi "may" have a few colors to identify product grade.

Makita has blue and a white. The blue is the better of the two colors.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Electric Comet wrote:

The color is not my favorite. A bright lime green or the like.

Laughing at my own self
I didn't know that color was their signature color.
I realized it when I looked at their site today.

The plastic case that the forstner bits is clear and that green.
I think I got a good deal on these bits for $17.

If I had brain cells I would have negotiated with the reps on
buying the previous dark blu grinder at a greatly reduced price.
Wonder where they sell those

Is it possible that your lack of brain cells has something to do with the aforementioned spray paint? ;-)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 15 Jan 2015 13:10:45 -0600
Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

Ryobi "may" have a few colors to identify product grade.

Makita has blue and a white. The blue is the better of the two
colors.

Could be, I didn't notice the price of the grinder they took
off display. The green ones were cheap, I think he said without
the light it was $29.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 15 Jan 2015 11:43:34 -0800 (PST)
DerbyDad03 wrote:

Is it possible that your lack of brain cells has something to do with
the aforementioned spray paint? ;-)

More likely I don't need a grinder right now so didn't think of it
until later and I don't know how well they'd last

So no spraying needed this time

Posted to rec.woodworking

DerbyDad03 wrote:

Is it possible that your lack of brain cells has something to do with
the aforementioned spray paint? ;-)

More likely I don't need a grinder right now so didn't think of it
until later and I don't know how well they'd last

So no spraying needed this time

It appears that you may have missed my poor attempt at humor. That might be due to differences in how/where we grew up.

I never participated in this particular spray-paint related pastime, but I had some acquaintances that did:

http://www.drugrehab.us/wp-content/u...-For-Teens.jpg
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 16 Jan 2015 12:31:13 -0800 (PST)
DerbyDad03 wrote:

It appears that you may have missed my poor attempt at humor. That
might be due to differences in how/where we grew up.

yes I got that, it wasn't bad

I discovered I own exactly one ryobi tool, it's a sander with a
triangle head. haven't used it in a while but it's blue.

I think I might try to put a blade on it and make it into a
multitool thing.

Posted to rec.woodworking

DerbyDad03 wrote:

It appears that you may have missed my poor attempt at humor. That
might be due to differences in how/where we grew up.

yes I got that, it wasn't bad

I discovered I own exactly one ryobi tool, it's a sander with a
triangle head. haven't used it in a while but it's blue.

I think I might try to put a blade on it and make it into a
multitool thing.

I had IIRC the original bench top planer, the Ryobi AP10. That was a
damn fine machine. It is a shame that Ryobi went the Black & Decker
route. IIRC I bought it in 1988.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 17 Jan 2015 10:38:15 -0600
Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

I had IIRC the original bench top planer, the Ryobi AP10. That was a
damn fine machine. It is a shame that Ryobi went the Black & Decker
route. IIRC I bought it in 1988.

It's all a damn shame from top-to-bottom

The ryobi reps at the store really put the hard sell if they corner
you. I got a good chuckle

I looked at the current ryobi planer offering
a bad joke