Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default My Summer Project

What I did on my summer vacation. :-)
http://goo.gl/rq5v0r (don't worry, it's safe!)

I call it the Sharn because it's too big for a shed and too small for a
barn. 20'x24' with 10' walls.

It's purpose for the time being is to store everything that is now
packed like sardines in my garage, and then some. Hopefully this will
allow me to have a shop and/or drum room in the garage. Future plan are
to run electric out to it so it can become the shop/brewery/bat-cave.
:-)

The front looks a little goofy right now. Try to picture a flat,
slanted overhang/awning coming down from about soffit-level to the
horizontal trim board running above the doors. I'm also still undecided
on whether to have a deck-way from the door thresholds to grade, or
bring in gravel and fill it.

That transparent section running under the soffit overhang (both sides)
was my idea for clerestory windows to allow light into the building and
it works very well. They're made from corrugated polycarbonate roof
panels.

It's post and beam construction so I can add future windows pretty much
anywhere I decide to whenever I determine its actual purpose in life. :-)

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

SUMMER PROJECT COMPLETE Karl Townsend Metalworking 1 September 4th 11 04:47 PM
Should I Use A Dehumidistat In The Summer? Dutch Buckhead Home Repair 18 July 14th 07 04:17 AM
Summer Golan UK diy 3 April 26th 07 10:16 AM
Summer Golan UK diy 17 April 26th 07 01:02 AM
summer fan [email protected] Home Repair 6 July 23rd 06 11:42 PM