Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Davis & Wells 20" Bandsaw

Insurance Sale, but I know the original owner (retired - Lamberts Prosthetics and Orthotics). I highly suspect the saw is in excellent working order. Anyone have info/knowledge, they could further contribute about this bandsaw. Big and heavy iron, I could use something larger than my 14" Delta. The Ins guy was willing to take $500 for it.
http://lafayette.craigslist.org/tls/4710599988.html

I bought the upright drill press for $35.

Sonny
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Sonny" wrote in message
Insurance Sale, but I know the original owner (retired - Lamberts
Prosthetics and Orthotics). I highly suspect the saw is in excellent
working order. Anyone have info/knowledge, they could further contribute
about this bandsaw. Big and heavy iron, I could use something larger than
my 14" Delta. The Ins guy was willing to take $500 for it.
http://lafayette.craigslist.org/tls/4710599988.html

I bought the upright drill press for $35.

Sonny

I would still say that deserves a you suck for both of them. How much you
take for the drill press? I need one bad! Only 1/2 ;-)
--
Jim in NC

---

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tuesday, October 14, 2014 10:10:49 PM UTC-5, Morgans wrote:
I would still say that deserves a you suck for both of them. How much you
take for the drill press? I need one bad! Only 1/2 ;-)

Jim in NC

Actually, I went there to check out the flammable cabinet. My shop needs one. It was small, but I passed on it, yesterday. I've decided to go get it anyway. I'll call the guy and see if it's still available.

Nice Craftsman drill press. When I bought it, I thought to give it to my brother, but I may keep it and give him my old '50s Rockwell -
http://lafayette.craigslist.org/tls/4710600371.html

I had seen the bandsaw, while there, but didn't consider it. Three hours later I called the guy and he said someone else came by and wanted it, but was to wait until today to get it. I told the guy I'd take it, so I'm waiting to hear back, if it's still available, by noon. Hope so.

Sonny
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wednesday, October 15, 2014 8:55:14 AM UTC-5, Sonny wrote:

I was able to get the flammables cabinet for $40 and the bandsaw for $500. I'm happy.

The tires look good. I hope they are, since replacements are about $120, I think.
The motor needs 2 new bolts, for securing it to its seating.
The saw sits on a custom made wooden base and that needs replacing. We broke parts of it, while moving it. I have it hanging, sideways, in my old garage, so I'll do some of those base "repairs" while in that accessible position. About 5-6 new blades came with it and several old blades, that might be able to be sharpened.

Sonny