Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Ping Leon - Corbel Pics

I suppose the pics are detailed enough to surmise the corbels' construction, but I added comments, anyway.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/43836144@N04/?details=1

Sonny
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/22/2014 6:54 AM, Sonny wrote:
I suppose the pics are detailed enough to surmise the corbels' construction, but I added comments, anyway.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/43836144@N04/?details=1

Sonny

Wow some of those corbels have some really fine detail. Thank you for
the link!
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/22/2014 7:54 AM, Sonny wrote:
I suppose the pics are detailed enough to surmise the corbels' construction, but I added comments, anyway.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/43836144@N04/?details=1

Sonny

Good work. I've been putting off making two corbels/brackets for my
library/gallery fireplace for a long time now. I finished making the actual
mantle almost a year ago and it has been sitting since then. My pieces will
be _WAY_ simpler than yours and I still can't get myself started on them.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Friday, August 22, 2014 10:16:23 AM UTC-5, BenignBodger wrote:
Good work.

That is not my work. I salvaged those from an old building in New Orleans.

If you look closely, there are a few areas that need a little repair. Someday, I'll repair them and find a place to use them.

The cuttings seems easy to do. They are simple cuts.... with a scroll saw, mostly, I think. Just have to make sure the cuts match fairly precise.

The construction demonstrates that a variety of simple cuts/designs/tasks are used, then assembled to make the whole look like a complicated piece of work. Kinna like any other woodwork: 300 little (simple?) tasks to perform, to make a whole display/china cabinet. Do one little job at a time and piecemeal things together. With a little imagination, one can make their own design, applying their own small appliques as they want.

Long ago, when I didn't know any better, before seeing any piecemeal forms, as these, up close, I thought those intricate achitectural forms were hand carved from a solid piece.

Sonny

Ping Leon Gramp's shop[_2_] Woodworking 1 February 22nd 13 05:44 AM
ping leon, or anyone that knows basilisk[_2_] Woodworking 4 August 16th 12 11:12 PM
Ping Leon Sonny Woodworking 9 May 17th 12 05:47 PM
Leon's Desk... (ping Leon) Morris Dovey Woodworking 8 July 29th 08 01:49 PM
Ping: Leon David Woodworking 1 June 23rd 05 12:35 AM